“Wonderful Hosts”

Lindean Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumfries
Lindean Guest House
Ranked #38 of 49 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Maryborough, Australia
“Wonderful Hosts”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Carol and Steve were just wonderful hosts and offered us a very warm welcome into their beautiful home. The room was huge and very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. We had some great chats with Carol and Steve was the perfect gentleman doing all the lifting of our luggage which as I was travelling with my elderly Mum was most appreciated. The Lindean Guest House is in a most convenient location to the Ewart St Library for those of you who are researching your Scottish ancestry. Steve makes a mean porridge and his cooked brekkies are delightful. I fully recommend a stay with Carol and Steve at Lindean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rogaska Slatina, Slovenia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We came to the house very late in the evening, I think it was already 10 p.m., no reservation and the landlady already went to bed. Her husband helped us with a room, which was en-suite for three adults, very spacious and very clean and just for 70 GBP. We wanted to visit a pub and Mr. Steve gave us a fine suggestion which we took gladly. It was a nice, short walk to the pub, the Lindean Guest house has a very good location, just five minutes to the city center. There was a list of choices for breakfast on our beds and we could choose what we wanted to eat for breakfast. In the morning we found a little fridge in the dining room and there was fresh, cold milk and juice, joghurts, there were cereals on the shelf, Mrs. Carol brought fresh tea and coffee and the cooked breakfast that we chose the previous day. it was very tasty.
It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Steventon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed at the Lindean for 5 days (was in Dumfries on business) and I was blown away by the place. I stayed in both a single en suite and then a double en suite and the rooms were immaculate, they were tastefully decorated, the beds were PHENOMENAL I honestly haven't slept so well for months! The facilities were amazing - high speed internet connection (my laptop is an extension of myself!) as well as colour TVs - I can't speak for all the rooms but the single en suite has a DVD player built into the TV which is a huge bonus - especially after a long day in the office.

As I was on a holiday of sorts I treated myself to the full cooked breakfast, which despite some reviews on TA, was absolutely fantastic! Every morning I sat down to it it was roasting hot, of top quality and the perfect way to start the day! I did intend to work my way down the varied breakfast menu but with a cooked breakfast as amazing as the one I had, I didn't want to have anything else.

The hosts of this wonderful part of the world are brilliant. They are attentive, affable and all round gems. I would have no problem staying at the Lindean Guest House again and said as much to my companion (who also loved this place) and even if I'm not on a "working holiday" would hope to stay there again.

So whatever you want to take away from my review all you need to know is that this guest house is a great place to stay at, it's warm and friendly and is perfectly situated for the town centre and I would recommend the Lindean to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Will F
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I feel bad to give this B&B an average review as the hosts are really friendly. However my stay there was cold and I did not really enjoy the breakfasts. The heater in my room was broken and no replacement was put in the room. I slept by doubling up my duvet (which was very thin) and packing pillows around myself. The rooms were kept very clean but are quite dated. The cooked breakfasts were not a very high quality but the porridge was good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nessers12
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Dont hesitate to stay here. Very high standard of room, cleanliness and Carol and Steve are excellent owners and very welcoming. Breakfast was perfection. If Im back in Dumfries this is where I will stay. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. Davie from Edinburgh.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank daviebrycer6
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 4 September 2012

A clean and well kept B & B with a most hospitable Hostess. My only complaint here was that the mattress on the double bed was in dire need of being changed, it was most uncomfortable to sleep on, this was pointed out to Carol in the morning ..... it must be difficult to know when beds need to be renewed as the Proprietors never sleep on them! Breakfast was tasty .....

Room Tip: Ask about the mattress!!