“Brill Food”
Review of Nith Hotel

Nith Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumfries
Nith Hotel
Ranked #14 of 48 Dumfries B&B and Inns
“Brill Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Best steaks in the whole dumfries area, good service and very tasty pints of tennents lager! Personal favourate is the highland chicken, very tasty, very good value for money. Look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We discovered this hotel on our way to explore Caerlaverock Castle. The staff at the castle recommneded it as well as a nearby B&B. The hotel is situated overlooking the River Nith and Solway estuary and the views are mesmerising. We booked a room for the night and dinner in the restaurant. The place is lovely and clean and welcoming - freshly hung hanging baskets and welcoming smiles from the staff. Our bedroom was clean and had all one could need. Dinner in the restaurant was the best nmeal we had enjoyed all week in Scotland and the steak is a must.
Previous comments about a long wait are inexplicable as there are signs informaing guests that all meals are cooked freshly to order. and there could be a delay. Our meal did not take a long time to arrive and the attentiveness of the staff to our preferences was 5*. All in all an enjoybale stay and as one regular told us - this is a best kept secret...... but not really by judging how many people were eating at the hotel on a Thursday evening. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Room 5 overlooked the carpark and river - very quiet when we stayed, but if there is a function in t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

went for bar lunch service and food was excellent could not fault it in anyway. A lovely warm welcome from members of staff and very helpful particularly with pleasing fussy eaters. i do recomend the sweet and sour it is to die for. Exceptional value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Approx a year ago I along with my partner and my sister visited this hotel for lunch..
We placed our orders and waited for our food to appear. My starter finally appeared after a considerable amount of time.
After consuming my starter I sat back and waited for our main course.
While waiting a number of other persons came in and for some reason were served before us.
After about 30mins and with no sign of our main course I enquired at the bar to what was happening to be told our order had been over looked. As I am an insulin dependant diabetic I require to eat my full meal within 20 mins of my insulin being administered which I explained to the barman who took our order. The young man did not appear interested and was unable to confirm how long the meal would take. We therefore decided to cancel the order and move on to another hotel for lunch. On returning home I wrote three letters to the owner complaining about the situation that arose during our visit to the hotel. I also wrote a review on this web site which appears to have been removed I assume due to the content of my complaint. It has now been over a year since our visit and I still have not received a response from the owner of the hotel
to any of my letters. Needless to say I will not be returning to this hotel in the near future.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wilson P
dumfires
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Went for lunch. Food was great, the steaks were some of the best I have tried. Servce was a little slow and it wouldn't have hurt the staff to smile a little. Decor and furniture really needs an update. Overall a lovely place to go eat, food was great and a good amount of choice. Would return and recommend it to others.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Planned a bird-watching holiday based at the hotel for a week in March. On the second day we were snowed in and stayed that way for two days. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and considerate - we could bird-watch through the picture windows of the dining room and were supplied with unlimited tea and coffee! Meals were first class. We had a great time despite the weather, largely due to the hotel and its staff. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

That's the second time I've been to the nith this year and the second time we've all came away full & contented. The party consisted of 4 adults & 2 kids. Everyone had different mains & none could be faulted. I had a 16oz steak which was like a man v food moment cooked medium the way I liked it. The steak pie didn't disappoint either(might have that the next time i go) or did the seafood pasta special. A couple of us had the home soup which hit the spot. The other starters were fine aswell & a couple of us enjoyed some puddings aswell. Food & drink prices are very reasonable, can't complain at all. Great views of the nith from the dining room. Only slight grumble would be that the place needs modernising but who cares when your getting decent grub at decent prices. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Hetland Hall Hotel
#7 of 7 in Dumfries
The Manor Country House Hotel
Friars Carse Country House Hotel

Been to Nith Hotel? Share your experiences!