Nith Hotel
US$106
US$101
Hamilton House(Dumfries)
US$93
Ferintosh Guest House(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
US$105
Rivendell B&B(Dumfries)
US$119
US$115
Glenlossie Guest House(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
US$92
Travelodge
US$130
US$103
Orbitz.com
All reviewssteakhighland chickendining roomgreat views over the riverdaily specials menulast sundayfirst classbird watchingkingsize bedbanks of the rivercaerlaverock castlebar mealsbooked a tableburns supperan evening mealfantastic staymember of staff
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very nice setting overlooking the river Nith, we were greeted by a nice friendly girl behind the bar, service was good with nice staff & the food was lovely. I had Scampi & my hubby had 16oz gammon steak, cheesecake & sticky toffee pudding very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a great Hotel the food is excellent and the rooms are spacious and very clean, the breakfast was outstanding. The views from the Hotel are marvellous. We can recommend the Nith without a doubt.

Room Tip: great food at a good price ,and large glean room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had been to the Nith hotel once in the evening and had enjoyed their food so much that i had persuaded a few friends to go here for sunday lunch. We hadnt boked a table but the gentleman at the bar made sure their was room for us and we went up stairs to be seated. I was really dissapointed that in the time i had last been hear there had been no improvemnets to the decor. It really is a let down that the place looks so old and shabby. The carpet looks like something my gran had 30 years ago in her house and the wall paper is old and outdated. We were seated by the window which has amazing views over the water. The only problem was it was so hot. There was no ventalation in the restraunt the windows were all closed and we were all hot and botherd and couldnt wait to eat and leave. There was a large table booked in and also a function happening but it was still quiet enough. We all orderd the highland chicken as i had raved about it so much, but we were all really disapointed with it. The portion sizes were good. My chicken was really dry on the outside, the sauce which is usually packed with flavour and amazing was bland and tasteless. My bacon that was wrapped around the chicken was all fat, and grizzle. The waitress seemed really nice, and the gentleman at the bar was lovley as well when we went to pay. For £12 each i would have hoped the meal to be really good. If they would just up date the decor i think the place could be really good! I just hope if i ever go back that the food has a bit more flavour.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Me and my family decided to call in for Sunday lunch. However, we only stayed for the meal and not overnight in a room.

Dated and run-down decor, didn't feel or smell particularly clean, the food was bland and uninspired, "medium-rare" sirloin steak was tough, chewy and well-done, chips were awful, the peas and carrots were clearly from a tin, despite the peas being advertised in the menu as "garden peas", offered condiments and a sticky and encrusted bottle of HP sauce was plonked on the table, pleasant view of a wasp squashed against the window right next to my chair.

Overall, this restaurant needs to be gutted, modernised and the menu updated and improved greatly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My fiance & I enjoyed a delicious lunch at this hotel today. The hotel is in a nice rural location & there are lovely views. The staff were very pleasant & service was excellent. The food was delicious, fresh, home cooked & piping hot.I would recommend you to visit if you haven't already.

Room Tip: We visited for lunch only.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple