“Worth a visit”
Review of The Granary

The Granary
Ranked #30 of 137 Restaurants in Dumfries
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food and drink is decent enough but given garlic bread instead of garlic mushrooms lol

Friendly staff and tidy place but some dishes lying about

Reviewed 15 January 2014

If you are in Dumfries and you want delicious food served by friendly staff, then the place that I am about to review might, or might not be the place for you, and that place is The Granary in Dumfries.

I went there for my lunch with my gran today the food was delicous and the staff were friendly, especially our waitress, but the decor of the place is coming to bits, the carpets were sticky, my feet were nearly stuck to the floor and the furniture was dirty, the seat that I was sitting on was quite dirty.

So you if you go to The Granary, you will find it is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it

1  Thank Rachael S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

"In theory it should be terrible - but it's not" said a previous review. And we agree - this restaurant offers a typical budget pub meal, and the bar boasts a wide selection of drinks. We had our doubts when we walked into the huge, empty (and not particularly clean) premises but we ended up with good quality food, quick and friendly service... and at very low cost!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Excellent place for family dining. Individual booths with flat screen tvs n Sky Sports news. Highly recommended.p

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I'll be honest. There is very little atmosphere, as this place is really a night club at night. Its quite sparse inside, and the toilets are horrid - again because this place is a nightclub at night, hence the place can be forgiven....so we go back here on a regular basis, because the food is tasty, superb value for money and the staff are quick at getting it out. I mean £17 for 2 adults, 2 kids including 4 main meals and 4 drinks is superb value - kids eat for £1! Awesome. The staff are good with the kids, there are no issues with kids making noise too. And did i mention £17!!!!! Well done granary. Unlike Table Table, you have got things the right way round. See you soon.