“great night”

Hamilton House
Ranked #8 of 49 Dumfries B&B and Inns
“great night”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Arrived to a friendly welcome and a lovely spotlessly clean spacious room (2), slept like a log. Owner provided a map and recommendation for place to have evening meal, very helpful. Great breakfast, with ample choice, kept me going all day. Parking was an absolute bonus. Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fay r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chester
Reviewed 26 August 2013

As a woman travelling on my own in an area I didn't know I felt very safe and comfortable at Hamilton House. There was a very warm welcome and the owners were very thoughtful and arranged a lovely breakfast for me even though I needed one hours before their 'start time'. Room and bathroom spotless, bed very comfy and good quality products/food. Just a lovely place that I would return to if I were in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It has been around 5 years since I last stayed here, and I am delighted to say that it is every bit as good as last time.

I had a very warm welcome from the owners who had remembered me from my previous stay and I was in a nicely decorated twin room (room 2). As on my previous visit the level of cleanliness exceeds that of most hotels and the bathroom and bedroom were truly spotless.

The furnishings are of good quality and the room had a decent Sony flatscreen TV. Hamilton House has a private car park at the rear of the building which is free for guests.

I enjoyed a good breakfast (there is a decent choice available) and a quick chat with the owners before my departure.

I would certainly return again the next time I am in Dumfries. Hamilton House is more like a small boutique hotel than a B&B, and their rates are incredible value.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms both at the front and rear of the building and found both to be quiet at nigh...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sirbalkansobranie
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Booked online and all straightforward.
Very easy to find and ample parking at rear of place(always a bonus)
Such a fab entrance and an even better welcome. Owners are very welcoming.
Room was so very modern and so very clean. Bed very comfortable and the bathroom was so very modern and so clean with soft towels.
Breakfast was very ample and sufficient but such a huge choice too.
Would definitely recommend Hamilton House and I'm recommending this place to our company when we have put staff in this area.
Don't hesitate to book here

• Stayed July 2013
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

stayed one night 6th july. we had Room 4, which was nice and very spacious. The breakfast room was lovely and bright and the breakfast was very good. good car park at the rear. 10 minute walk into town centre.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We had to make a visit to Dumfries to meet up with old friends, one of whom has not enjoyed the best of health recently, which therefore meant that our booking might have to be deferred at short notice. Derek and Rena were extremely understanding and we did manage to stay for two nights this week. Our bedroom was one of the very best we have ever experienced in a B & B. The breakfasts were superb and the poached eggs especially were perfect. The overall experience was definitely five star and we look forward to returning later in the year. A big thank you to Derek and Rena for their recommendation for our evening meals within walking distance, where we also enjoyed one of our best meals ever!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed three nights at the Hamilton House as part of our trip from the States to the UK for our 35th wedding anniversary. From the greeting at the door by Derek to the special kindness shown by Rena, the owners made our stay a special experience. In an area of many B & Bs, we made an excellent choice with the Hamilton House. The friendliness of the Scottish people is well represented by the owners of the Hamilton House. Thank you for making our visit in the Dumfries area such a happy and memorable one. I am even trying to eat baked beans and mushrooms with my breakfast now.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple