“The Best of Curries”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Kirkbean, United Kingdom
“The Best of Curries”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have never had a bad meal here over many years. The new décor has enhanced the feel good factor. The menu is sufficiently varied and Atic and Raj even suggest further dishes made specially by the chef. The service, attention and friendliness of all the staff is first class. At busy times a little patience may be required, no bad thing when the rest of the clientele are getting the same service and attention.

John H.

• Visited March 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The menu is small but the food is great they even did a special for me, with the staff being very good and polite.

Visited February 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately will never be back!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My fiancee and I arrived around 6pm on Saturday night without a reservation (granted a busy time) after a 5 min wait to be served we were told to take a seat and wait for a table (restaurant area was almost empty) in the carry out collection area, we have been before and know it can be slow service so that was fine by us.
Whilst in the first 15 mins of waiting the guy serving took at least four phone orders.
After 25 min in total without any further acknowledgment I had enough and promptly walked out.
The food is good here but the customer service is shocking.

• Visited February 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“The best Indian meal in the uk”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have been going to jewel in the crown for twenty years now and they have never let us down. The food is amazing time after time and the service is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant has had a face lift not that long ago and has a cozy warm feel about it that's very welcoming.
We have tried Indian restaurants all over the country and Jewel in the crown is up there with the best. If you have never been then this is a must try and by far the best in Dumfries.

• Visited January 2014
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best Indian In Town”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I often order from this restaurant. I have never been a big lover of spicy food. However my partner has introduced me to several dishes now from this restaurant which are lip smacking good! we often have the food delivered home. The only down side is the waiting, especially at the weekend but it is probably because they are so busy. I love nan bread and there garlic nan could be more soft and have more garlic. However there main dishes and other sides are mouth watering. The delivery driver is always very nice and pleasant. I really need to go into the restaurant though to experience there food and service but if it is anything like their delivery service then it will be high marks.

• Visited January 2014