“5* food and service”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a lovely little restaurant. The food is of the highest quality. The menu is large with lots of specials also. The home made cakes and tray bakes are very moreish. The staff and very friendly but also very professional.
I would definitely recommend the old bank for lunch or for coffee and cake!
I will be returning very soon.

joann m, Owner at Old Bank Restaurant and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your very positive feed back and complimentary remarks about The Old Bank Restaurant.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Old Bank Restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice and first time I had afternoon tea and was really disappointed that it was squishy cream instead of fresh whipped cream for my scone. But the cakes and sandwiches were delish. Only thing was it was a pretty pricey and not much atmosphere about it.

joann m, Owner at Old Bank Restaurant and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your feed back about the old bank.
We take on board your comments. Perhaps the Old Bank is not for you. The reports on the other cafes that you visit seem to be more to your liking. Sorry we do not meet your standards and lack in atmosphere. You mentioned we are pricy I try and keep my food costs as low as I can to provide the service. I do.
I don't know what else I can say except I don't expect you will visit the Old Bank ion the future .
With regret JoAnn M

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have visited The Old Bank on many occasions and have always experienced a very quick friendly service.
My most recent visit was during a busy lunch time and I was in and out within 30mins which really is excellent and ideal for lunches when working! The menu is extensive and has something for everyone.
I can highly recommend the scones they are the nicest in town, I often pop in for a carry out at The Coffee Cup (take away stand at nearby Thistle Galleries)
My Mum also loves the prawn sandwiches and can rarely resist them!
I will be back! Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Christina G
joann m, Owner at Old Bank Restaurant and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for your balanced and complimentary feed back about the Old Bank.
We aim to provide the exact service that your comments have expressed.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Old Bank in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I went to The Old Bank Coffee House this morning and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. The service by Andrew was prompt and friendly. We had scones and tea and coffee , all lovely. Would recommend it to friends.

joann m, Owner at Old Bank Restaurant and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the Old Bank and staff.
May we continue to welcome you and serve you.
With Thanks JoAnn M

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The presentation is good the food is lacking taste. My friend and i had a bowl of chicken rice soup which could have been called anything as it was totally tasteless even after putting loads of salt and pepper on. I commented to the waiter and was informed the chef doesn't use salt in cooking and uses salt free stock cubes. My friend had an egg mayonnaise sandwich which had little egg or mayo in it. I feel this restaurant is not fulfilling its potential even for snack lunches.

joann m, Owner at Old Bank Restaurant and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

So sorry you had a disappointing snack lunch.
I think this is the second time you have written about The Old Bank Restaurant not being to your taste. Perhaps we are never going to be up to your standards. Monaghan Jewellers is my mane business and The old Bank is staffed to the best of my ability. I employ cooks both of whom have worked in many of the other places you have reviewed.
I sell full kettles of soup everyday and we are complemented on our soup however by the law of averages their will always be someone who doesn't like it. It is made fresh in house everyday.
Fresh eggs and mayo are hard to go wrong with we make those in house too. Many places buy in sandwich mixes with a high salt content if your are used to this then perhaps my fresh made will taste blander than these. We use free range eggs. I work very hard with the Old a Bank and if I am not fulfilling my potential perhaps you can explain why I am very full most days ?