Stayed for 2 nights, while driving around Galloway.
Hotel has two sections: an older (19th century?) main block, with a newer 1960/70s block adjoining,the communal areas of which are reminiscent of a university hall of residence. Most of the communal areas - reception/hall, bar, dining room - are in the older section.
- v good catering - particularly the big breakfasts! (though more fresh fruit would be good!)
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Pleasant, grassy grounds.
- Our room (in the newer part) was unexciting, though clean. The beds were of mediocre quality, though not obviously old.
- Hotel is a long way from anywhere - you definitely need a car to get there!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Hetland Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dumfries
- Dumfries Best Western
- Hetland Hall Hotel Dumfries, Scotland