“Great Hotel”
Review of Hetland Hall Hotel

Hetland Hall Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We were very impressed with the hotel. What we was really impressed with was the meals provided. The chef had put a lot of effort into the presentation of the meal. So much so you didn't want to spoil it! The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank shortbread64

Reviewed 30 January 2006

We stayed at the Hetland Hall Hotel for two nights, Saturday and Sunday, just for a break and a bit of relaxation and certainly found it here. A lovely location and relatively easy to find.

Both inside and outside are well maintained and sympathetically decorated. I can only assume that this has been updated since previous travellers visited as we found no sign of tatty decor.

Overall we found the staff to be freindly and helpful but my one criticism would be upon our arrival. I felt there was no welcome as such and many aspects of our stay were not explained to us. However, this really is all I have to complain about and as for the food!!! Far far exceeded our expectations and I can only commend the Hotel on their chefs (We dined in the restaurant on both evenings and learnt that they had two chefs, one on each of our nights there) The presentation, quality of the food and service was second to none. Splendid!!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank holland21
Reviewed 5 January 2006

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights just before Christmas, for a wedding. My room was very good, with all the facilities I would expect in a Best Western. The bed was harder than any hotel bed I have ever encountered, but on the second day, new beds were delivered and the new one was great. Although my room looked out onto the road, I didn't find there was any problem with traffic noise (windows double glazed). Staff were friendly and helpful and the bar food (fish and chips) was good - service was very attentive. Breakfast was cooked to order and was very high on my list of best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. On the day of the wedding (which was held elsewhere) we returned to the hotel to be offered chanpagne by the manager - a nice gesture. The evening event was held at the hotel and was well organised, with a nice buffet - function room was good - tables looked good too. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2005

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 October 2005

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank from-Moray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
13 mi away
Best Western Station Hotel
Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel
Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel

Been to Hetland Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hetland Hall Hotel

Address: Carrutherstown, Dumfries DG1 4JX, Scotland
Region: United Kingdom > Scotland > Dumfries and Galloway > Dumfries
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Price Range: £64 - £110 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hetland Hall Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hetland Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Dumfries