“70th birthday party”

Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I booked the' Cairndale' for my husbands birthday party. From the outset the 'office staff 'could not have been more helpful, with the printing of menu's ect with photo's and pictures of my choice on them , nothing was too much trouble ! As for the meal itself it was supburb with faultless service. Several couples stayed overnight in VERY comfortable well appointed rooms. The breakfast the following morning was everything you could wish for with a wonderful choice to suit all tastes, if anyone came away hungry it wasn't the hotels fault !! I can't wait for an excuse to have yet another party there !! Thanks everyone .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elz495
MatthewWallace, General Manager at Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to the Cairndale for your husband's 70th Birthday party.
It is always appreciated when our guests take the time to write such positive reviews and your feedback is warmly welcomed by everyone concerned.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I went to Dumfries for a conference in October & stayed at the Cairndale for three nights.

Dougie at reception made me feel exceptionally welcome and was and extremely helpful throughout my stay.

I've already booked to go back again next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Skyman67

Dear Skyman
Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review following your recent visit to the Cairndale for a Conference in October.
I was pleased to hear how welcoming and helpful Dougie was during your stay and I'm sure he'll be particularly pleased to receive such positve feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

stayed here with my wee girl overnight as husband was working overnight .. was nice enough rooms quite small thou
. the decor of whole hotel needs an upgrade and could do with lick of paint all in all had a nice quiet night .. location is excellent near all shops and really central for pubs and clubs ..think its a little overpriced for standard ..

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Cairndale.
As you have highlighted our hotel is ideally located close to the centre of town and with the added benefit of our Leisure facilities on site the Cairndale is perfect for a short break.

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night on first floor. Room was large, huge bed (great sleep), small bathroom. All a little dated but fine for the money.

Ordered room service and food was very good and service fast. Didn't eat breakfast here.

Spa looked nice (although we didn't try it).

Free wifi in room.

About 5 minutes walk from both the train station and 'main street'.

Good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JillyLou123

Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review following your recent visit to the Cairndale.
I was particularly pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be of good value , and when it is considered that we offer free use of our leisure facilities, wifi and regular entertainment it's not difficult to see why we have so many returning customers.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel and found it to be a beautiful hotel but would not return because of the squeaky floorboards. We were in room 48 and the floorboards were the worst I have ever come across. The corridor was just as bad.You actually could hear people in the corridor over the t.v. The breakfast on the first morning was not good at all. All food was cold and very little choice. No fried eggs ,fresh fruit salad, rolls or croissants. The toast was even cold!! The following two mornings it was lovely with plenty selection and everything was hot. Definately would not return but purely because of the floorboards.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2012

On arrival I was allocated a large room but it was freezing with no tv reception and a dripping noise so they moved me to another room. This one was very warm, small and right next to the stairs. The staff were friendly and accomodating and breakfast was generous. I have had better hotel breakfasts but it was more than adequate.
The spa is a good size and the gym is large for a hotel gym, however if you want more facilities you are only over the road from the large council gym/pool complex.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the stairs and with a thermostat/aircon
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jewelsea
MatthewWallace, General Manager at Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am sorry to learn of the problem you experienced when first checking into the hotel and I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I had to go to Dumfries for my uncles funeral and decided to stay at the Cairndale for two nights. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Firstly, Dougie at reception made me feel welcome and was very polite and helpful. Next I had to collect a cousin from Glasgow airport and she wasn't going to arrive until late at night and we wouldn't arrive back at the hotel until gone midnight. I was told it wouldn't be a problem and the night porter would check her in. Alan was also excellent and friendly, I asked if he could serve us a couple drinks and it was no problem. The room was very comfortable, the breakfast was amazing and all the staff so polite and friendly. I shall definitely be staying there on my next visit to Dumfries. Thank you very much!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jonesylcfc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Holiday Inn Dumfries
Hetland Hall Hotel
Hetland Hall Hotel
#7 of 7 in Dumfries
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel

Been to Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!