“Excellent Service”

Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room for a wedding.

The room was a great size but a bit tired and in need of redecoration, but was good for what we needed.

All the waiting staff at dinner and breakfast service were fantastic and spent time talking to our 2 year old.

Checking in and out took a few minutes by cheery staff.

• Stayed: June 2014
MatthewWallace, General Manager at Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review.
It's very much appreciated by everyone concerned with your stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights as I was working in Dumfries for a few days. The staff are friendly and made me feel very welcome from the minute I stepped in the door. My room was lovely the beds are massive! The food was great too. On my second night I went to check out the leisure facilities. Steam room Sauna Jaccuzi and Pool were all very clean. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gaynor M

Hi Gaynor,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent visit to the Cairndale.
I was delighted to hear that you're already looking to stay with us again, and if you're planning to visit on a regular basis we'd be pleased to negotiate a special corporate rate.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I used this hotel as a stopover whilst on business.

An old hotel and an old clientele. This actually was good, no noisy neighbours. Plenty of parking. There are leisure facilities, but I didn't use them. Wifi was good.

The room was ok, a little tired, but you forget this with the very helpful staff. Breakfast was good, set me up for the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I was a little surprised by your comment about the "age" of our guests and this was probably just a snapshot on the night you visited.
Our clientele change all the time and it's always interesting to be able to welcome so many guests from around the world ( young and old alike! ).
This week alone we've had the pleasure of welcoming members of the Fiji Commonwealth Games team, Japanese tourists, a Danish Gardening group, German motorcyclists and large numbers of Chinese Students.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had an overnight stay here with my wife in July 2014 and would easily recommend. We stayed in room 19 and although a little on the small side it was very comfortable and clean with the bathroom looking like it had been given a recent refurb. We both made use of the leisure club, sauna, stream room, pool and well equipped gym. I note an earlier review marked the hotel down because of the bar prices, they are slightly higher than High St prices, but is that not normal for a hotel? What really impressed me about this hotel was the staff, every single member of staff that I came in contact with was extremely warm and friendly and appeared to genuinely care that we were both having a positive experience, that made us feel very valued customers.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JDKDY
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just returned from a 3day stay at Cairndale Hotel. We hadn't made a reservation, just turned up on spec. We had a reservation at another hotel in the area but for various reasons we didn't stay. When we arrived at Cairndale we were greeted by Dougie on reception. We told him about our situation re other hotel, he said there was a room available and we could have a look at it before deciding if we wanted to stay. The room was lovely and we had no hesitation in staying. Nothing was too much trouble for Dougie, he was very welcoming,explained the hotel routine re meal times etc.,he certainly knew his job. We opted for dinner,bed and breakfast for the 3 nights and were not disappointed. The. Food was well presented and delicious. The. Staff were all very polite and friendly, Nikki(reception) Russell and Ian, (bar staff) to name but a few. Our room was thoroughly cleaned every day, thanks to the housekeeping staff. We are hoping to go back to celebrate Hogmanay. You have a great team of staff Mr. Wallace, a big thank you to all for making our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Cath
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your visit to the hotel.
I was delighted to hear how much our staff contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and you will be pleased to learn that Douggie was the winner of our Employee of the Month for June.
I understand that you are considering another stay with us at Hogmanay and I'm sure Douggie would be only too happy to arrange your visit for you and to discuss any special requirements you might have at this time.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Husband and I just back from a 2 night break given to us as a birthday gift. Lovely stay from the minute we arrived - girl on reception friendly and efficient, as were all the staff in every department, double room was very nice, comfortable and clean. Food was amazing, we ate here on both our nights and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Booked in for the Elvis tribute night - great fun and although there was a bit of an altercation with a guest the staff dealt with it very calmly and quickly, as did "Elvis" and the night continued with no other drama. Pool and spa was also great. Comment card asked to nominate 1 member os staff we felt done a good job - but we couldn't pick as all the staff we encountered were polite, friendly and efficient. We will certainly be back sometime in the future for another stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review following your recent visit to the Cairndale.
Your comments about the friendliness and efficiency of our staff are particularly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is lovely and very central in Dumfries with free parking and wi-fi though this did not always work very well in our room. On arrival we had been upgraded to a deluxe 4 poster bedroom. The room was enormous with a large marble bathroom and a living room area with a basket of fruit. Very impressed with this. On the Saturday night we stayed in the hotel for an Elvis tribute night. The meal was fantastic and the Elvis impersonator was the best one we had ever seen and we have seen a few. We met some really nice people and had a great night. Would definetly stay here again. Breakfast had lots of items to pick from and the leisure facilities were great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsten M

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to the Cairndale for your husband's birthday.
It is always appreciated when guests take the time to thank us for a job well done and a copy of your review will be prominently displayed on our staff notice board where I'm sure it'll be warmly welcomed by everyone concerned.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Holiday Inn Dumfries
Hetland Hall Hotel
Hetland Hall Hotel
#7 of 7 in Dumfries
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel

Been to Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!