“Lovely New Tea Room in The OLD SCHOOL Dumfries”
Review of NonaLou's

NonaLou's
Ranked #21 of 153 Restaurants in Dumfries
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Lovely new tea room. Clearly much effort has been put into the opening of this new venture and its looks lovely. I visited with my two boys aged 10 and 11 and we all really enjoyed the food and drinks. I am told by the boys that their Hot chocolate with all the works was the best. Then we sampled the Sweet Potato and Chorizo soup which was beautiful, bacon sandwich, and chocolate and peanut butter cup cakes. This was our first visit but it will not be our last there was a fine selection of cakes that need to be tasted in the future.

5  Thank MaJenkins_11

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My mum and I had our lunch at NonaLous recently. There's a wide a selection of sandwiches to choose from and you can design your own. We decided to have soup, i had cauliflower and gruyere cheese and mum had the tattie soup. Both soups were delicious and very obviously homemade. We couldn't leave without trying one of the many cakes on offer, it was really hard to choose but i went for the apple and walnut cake and mum had the lemon cheesecake and again these were luscious. Service was very warm and friendly, there's a relaxed atmosphere and I loved the higgilty piggilty crockery, adds a bit of quirkiness to the place. All in all a great little place serving good honest homecooked style food at a very reasonable price. I'll definitely be a regular at NonaLous.

2  Thank Emily W