“Cannot fault”

Restaurant in the Park
Ranked #84 of 133 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: British, Scottish, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Restaurant in the Park offers affordable dining in a comfortable environment, with a menu to suit everyone's tastes. We serve bar lunches from 12:00pm until 2:00pm (Monday to Saturday) and evening meals from 5:30pm until late (Monday to Saturday) On Sunday, we serve Sunday Lunch from 12:30pm until 2:30pm, and our Sunday evening menu from 5:00pm until 8:30pm.
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
“Cannot fault”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Apologies for the lateness of my review. We had our Christmas lunch here on Friday 20th December. It was fairly quiet for the time of year, but we were not disappointed. The majority ordered a turkey dinner, a beautifully presented meal and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to dine here again, soon to be remedied.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank dollyducati

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Was told about this restaurant by a workmate. Took my wife and we loved it. Wednesday was steak night. We both had pigeon with haggis and tatties scones. Was amazing. I then had a fillet steak and my wife had a gammon steak. It was so good we have already booked for valentines night. Going to be a regular here for sure. Service was first class and the restaurant is beautiful.

• Visited January 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in Dumfries”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The food was fantastic. My husband had a steak and it was cooked the way that he asked for it. The service was great with the waitress being very friendly. The food was really nice and was delivered very quickly. When we had queries, the waitress was more than happy to ask the chef.

• Visited January 2014
Ely, United Kingdom
“A gem!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

An excellent restaurant, great food with a Scottish twist. As good as any meal we've had in London. I had scallops on black pudding, followed by venison steak with smoked bacon mash & roasted root vegetables. Wife had pigeon & haggis starter, followed by pork fillet medallions with chorizo mash. All wonderfully cooked & presented.

Visited January 2014
Blackburn
“Great value good choice menue.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I visited Saturday evening, 23 November. Had three attempts to get our preferred wine of choice eventually settling for a bottle which the staff reduced in price for the inconvenience. The meal was excellent the only fault being the base of my scotty bread on which my haggis and pigeon breast sitting was a little burnt , but having left that, every thing was delicious The premises seemed to lack a little atmosphere but the young staff were very attentive. A fine meal, with a good variety of choice ( I had the venison main course) with very reasonably priced wines (Italian house Merlot at £9.00 excellent). Overall good value for money If we visit Dumfries again I know where to dine..

• Visited November 2013