“Highly recommended”

Little Italy
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Dumfries
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was working near Dumfries and called in at this restaurant for an evening meal. We ate upstairs and really liked the atmosphere and layout of the place. We had three courses and they were all well prepared and well presented as well as being delicious. The service was friendly and professional and it made for a very enjoyable experience. I will be working in Dumfries regularly over the next twelve months and this is one place I will revisit on a regular basis from now on.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter A

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What's all the hype?”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I visited here for lunch. Two adults and a baby. On arrival we were informed that the pram couldn't be taken to the table!! Given that my baby was too young for a high chair I asked where I was supposed to put him... Waitress said "well I suppose it'll be ok on this occasion". Never have I been in a place that was so family unfriendly!! Anyway, the food. I ordered the prawn/squid starter. The squid would've bounced back if I'd thrown it, truly awful. And on getting the bill we'd been charged for it after is complained...I refused to pay for the starter as it was so bad. The pasta main was ok but certainly nothing special. If anyone is intending to visit this restaurant because of all the publicity surrounding awards etc, I sincerely wouldn't. It's nothing special and definitely don't go if you have a young family or GOD FORBID a baby in a pram!! Overpriced for average food.

9 Thank traveljunkie1880
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Ideal for smokers with deadened tastebuds -apparently”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

It's an attractive restaurant, has a bit of style about it, and there was a nice welcome. The starter of calamari was nice, if marginally overdone. There was a really tasty chilli sauce to go with it. For main I ordered the chestnut mushroom pasta, my companion ordered the Gambrini prawn spaghetti. He was pleased with it. Sadly I could only eat about 1/3 of my pasta. It was far too salty. So much so that the sea salt granules crunched occasionally as I was eating. The mushrooms were quite sparse and the flavour of them was almost completely overwhelmed by the salt. When it was taken away I explained why I couldn't eat any more (still have a thirst from it a day and a half later). The proprietor came over a few minutes later to ask what the problem was. They'd all had a taste in the kitchen and said it was under-seasoned if anything, and "being non-smokers our sense of taste is stronger". I was insulted, also being a non-smoker, and annoyed that it was MY FAULT the dish was inedible. My companion (a smoker) also said my dish was too salty but his tomato based dish was fine. They didn't charge us for the mushroom pasta but left me in no doubt I was to blame as "that's the way we cook the food there".

Fair enough. I'll not be back - there are plenty of good Italian restaurants in Dumfries to choose from. I'd suggest anyone with blood pressure issues to think carefully as to what they order or whether they go. On my way out I noticed there's a nice smoking terrace so for heavy smokers it's recommended!

5 Thank G00dclicks
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Still as good as ever”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Haven't been to the restaurant in over a year due to an illness, now on the road to recovery, took my daughter and a friend up from Manchester, the reastaurant had moved location since my last visit,it had a nice atmosphere, and the food was as good as ever, and so was the staff, looking forward to returning

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Linda G
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went here for my 50th Birthday. A group of 11 enjoyed a really good meal, all cooked to perfection. No complaints from any of the party.

The staff were very attentive towards us.

Would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014