“Not impressive”

Little Italy
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Dumfries
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
dumfriesshire/scotland
“Not impressive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

A table for two had been booked, but when we arrived we were sat at a table for six...sitting side by side. We decided to order our starter first, then decide on main meal after. We found the starter overall quite bland. We then were ready to have a second look at the menu to order our main meal, we were then served by another member of staff which offered us to take a look at the dessert menu, we corrected this member of staff then there seemed to be a moment of confusion and two members of staff were apologising, one of which was foreign and I was certain he had no idea what he was apologising for. We then got our main meal ordered and we found the main meal again, overall quite bland. We then went to pay for our meal and stood waiting for our jackets for a number of minutes. When we had left we had both agreed on the discomfort throughout the meal due to the table for six we were sat at but also the loud and uncomfortable atmosphere in the room, we also did not appreciate the distraction of waiters rushing about, we also found the restaurant was loud and did not have a peaceful atmosphere. With the contribution of the atmosphere and the lack of quality in the food we were very disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank pama80

jimmylaw9
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went on sat night at 5 pm with my wife. On arrival so lots of staff and thought that service would be good. Put to our upstairs table where air con was on full freezing blast. Asked for it to be turned down which it was but it was obvious it was freezing to us it should have been to staff. Ordered our food and they served my steak but no sides. After what seemed like an eternity with both our mains sitting it was actually 5 mins which is long enough a waitress arrived with chips and side and said sorry for the wait. No reason given and couldn't really see what it could be as was not busy but if there was a problem surely would have delayed the service of the mains. Once finished we sat with dirty plates for 10 mins while a waitress cleared the table next to us. They didn't seem to notice or care until I asked them to clear the plates. They did n didn't offer anything else. Eventually returned some 5 mins later to offer sweets but we declined and left. The.bill took gas to arrive and when it did the auto payment system didn't work. All in all the food was okay and my review is about the service. It's a shame because the premises are done up well it's just that the staff mainly consisted of teenage girls who seemed to lack direction and didn't really have any customer focus. Unless it improves i forsee it a place not getting much repeat custom. Could easily be turned about but if you go be prepared to wait and don't look for great service experience

4 Thank jimmylaw9
Angouleme, France
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We dined here twice during our recent trip to Dumfries. The first evening was our "pizza night" on the outside terrace: delicious sausage and pepperoni pizzas!

The following evening, we dined inside and enjoyed scampi and prosciutto with melon for starters, followed by "Rigatoni Arrabbiatta" and "Gnocchi Imperial" for our main dishes. Absolutely delicious as well.

For those looking for very good traditional Italian cuisine, and friendly and efficient service at a reasonable price, this is the place for you!

1 Thank Greg042
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was working near Dumfries and called in at this restaurant for an evening meal. We ate upstairs and really liked the atmosphere and layout of the place. We had three courses and they were all well prepared and well presented as well as being delicious. The service was friendly and professional and it made for a very enjoyable experience. I will be working in Dumfries regularly over the next twelve months and this is one place I will revisit on a regular basis from now on.

1 Thank Peter A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What's all the hype?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I visited here for lunch. Two adults and a baby. On arrival we were informed that the pram couldn't be taken to the table!! Given that my baby was too young for a high chair I asked where I was supposed to put him... Waitress said "well I suppose it'll be ok on this occasion". Never have I been in a place that was so family unfriendly!! Anyway, the food. I ordered the prawn/squid starter. The squid would've bounced back if I'd thrown it, truly awful. And on getting the bill we'd been charged for it after is complained...I refused to pay for the starter as it was so bad. The pasta main was ok but certainly nothing special. If anyone is intending to visit this restaurant because of all the publicity surrounding awards etc, I sincerely wouldn't. It's nothing special and definitely don't go if you have a young family or GOD FORBID a baby in a pram!! Overpriced for average food.

9 Thank traveljunkie1880