“Excellent.”

Imperial Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 136 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Love this Chinese never go to another, food always good, excellent service, staff polite. Good value at night, lunch prices could be a bit cheaper.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I am currently in Dumfries with my boyfriend, I am from Edinburgh and tonight we went to Imperial Chinese for some food because he loves it. Generally speaking, I am fussy with Chinese food because it can go two ways - be great or be awful.
However, I was more than happy with the food I got here. I ordered chicken fried price, crispy shredded chicken and also some ribs.
All of it was excellent and after coming home I have made a trip advisor just to rave about my experience at this Chinese.
This will be my new port of call every time I visit Dumfries!!

2  Thank Katie O
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The food was okay & service was prompt but to be honest it was a little bland, even for a 'spicy' Chinese meal !! The place was clean & the owner was pleasant & polite. Perhaps I chose the wrong dishes ??

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Came here the morning after a heavy night in town while visiting a couple of friends. We all opted to only have main courses which included lemon chicken, chicken fried rice and a chicken chow mein. The lemon chicken was probably the best part of the meal and came with a fairly large portion of fried rice. The chicken fried rice wasn't too bad but the chow mein was a bit too greasy for my liking, although my friend enjoyed it. Service was average and the food wasn't overly priced. Over all, although i've been to better places, I'd recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely 2 course dinner here whilst visiting Dumfries. We hadn't had a chance to check on Tripadvisor, so we just went for this restaurant. We were glad that we didn't check the reviews on this site as they might have put us off. We were very surprised to read the bad reviews given our experience.

We were impressed by the set meal option, which also included a complimentary coffee or an ice cream as part of an offer, and it was very reasonably priced. The starters and main courses were both excellent (the chicken satay was the nicest I've had in many years.)

The drinks were very reasonable too, unlike many restaurants which entice you in with cheap food offers and then make all the money back in their drinks prices.

It was quiet at the time of our visit, although we did go for an early dinner, however a lot of people were coming in to use the take away service which is also offered from the restaurant.

We found the service to be very friendly and attentive, and we would recommend this to people I know if they were in Dumfries.

1  Thank Graham K