“Vintage Tea Room”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The vintage atmosphere at Mrs Green's is playful. Ladybird books hold the menus so you can read during the short wait for service. The crisps are in a suitcase and the cakes, oh the cakes, the 60/- cakes are in a display cabinet named the "the Cake cupboard of joy. The Coffee is just beautiful and the waiting staff attentive and friendly. Who could could pass up the pleasure of a freshly made sandwich and a piece of "Chocolate & Guinness Cake". Bravissimo, belisimma truly scrumptious.

1  Thank ChoirDave

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Take the time to sit down, chill out and step back at Mrs Greens. Tea from a china cup, excellent coffees, scone, sandwich, soup or salad all served with a smile. Oh and the cakes :) gluten or dairy free not a problem. Cakes of all descriptions which vary on a daily basis. Only problem may be getting a table at this popular bolt hole. Don't take my word .......

1  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good atmosphere. Excellent home baking. Salads and sandwiches freshly made. Access is OK for wheelchairs. Very friendly service.

2  Thank NickE332
Reviewed 13 April 2014

What a unique place Mrs Green's is. From the minute you enter you feel the ambience and you know you are in for a treat. I love the vintage 40's/50's style, so much so in September my daughters 21st was celebrated with a classic vintage tea party, that aside back to Mrs Greens. We came across this on a visit to Dumfries for the ice hockey playoffs. We have spent a few days in the area and have visited several places for a cuppa. The prices are well worth every penny and excellent value for money. The latte was fanrastic as was the hot chocolate float. My son scoffed his egg roll so quickly we didn't need to ask if he had enjoyed it. I can't wait to visit again next time we are up from Teesside.

1  Thank TeessideBewley
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We visited Mrs Greens while we were on our way home from a couple of days in Castle Douglas, it is so nice I loved everything about it we only had a cake & a cuppa but loved how it's so vintage all the old teapots cups & saucers, but did see food other customers got & it looked delicious, will defiantly visit again when we are up that way, I even got measured on the height chart although I don't think I will get any taller.

2  Thank Rosemary F