“An Excellent Stay”

Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have just returned home from an excellent stay at the Premier Inn, Dumfries from Monday 11 to Saturday 16 August, it was an excellent stay, I had all the things I like, before I arrived I was worried that channel 5 might be missing from the TV like it was in North Wales last year, but it wasn't, thank the lord, for my room, I had room 57 on the top floor, which was good as I hate ground floor rooms, only one small glitch was a chair, not a settee by the window like some rooms, I prefer a settee so I can put more stuff on it, so I had to put my stuff under the bed instead thanks to the absent settee. All in all, an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Don't have a ground floor room as they suck.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The usual high standard that you expect from this chain Welcoming reception staff and very friendly ( Polish ) waitress in the adjoining restaurant that serves reasonably priced food
Very good links to the motorway system

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked an overnight here on our journey north to Glasgow and also because we hadn't visited Dumfries. We weren't disappointed as we know that Premier Inn maintain a consistently good standard of accommodation. The room was clean and spacious and as with most Premier Inns the en-suite bathroom had the benefit of a bath as well as an overhead shower and large white soft towels.

We decided to walk into town which was around 40 minutes at a reasonable pace but took the bus back (the Carlisle service number 79) which only cost us £1.70 each (sadly unable to use our English bus passes!)

We ate in the on-site restaurant in the evening (Table Table) and again these type of chain restaurants offer the same type of pub food - but usually to a good standard. Our food was very good - we had pre-booked the two course meal deal which is very good value (sticky toffee pudding to die for!) and our waitress (Myna) was chatty and attentive providing an excellent service. Breakfast was excellent with the usual Premier Inn choices.

Plenty of space in the car park, and easy access to the main road north, so all in all another good stay at a Premier Inn

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Agree with previous reviewers the hallways are a bit tired looking but the room was spacious and clean. It wasn't a particularly hot day hut the room was warm and you could only open the window a few inches. This was our first stay in a Premier Inn and the creaky floorboards near our bathroom ( room 36 ) along with the extraction fan noise affected our sleep. We had to get up at 6am so felt pretty tired. Plenty of fluffy towels in the room. Had drinks and dessert in the restaurant which was good. Parking spaces are a big tight especially when the car park is full. Receptionist was efficient and friendly.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank JC-the-organiser
Fiona H, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your first stay at a Premier Inn wasn't fully up to your expectations. I have noted your issues and will investigate floorboards and the fan in your room. As you may of been aware when you arrived we are having an extension to the Hotel which at the moment, has taken a few car parking spaces away, we will however have these back soon. You also noted that the Hotel is looking tired, again we are having a Hotel refurbishment starting soon which will bring us in line with newer Premier Inn's. I am glad you found the Reception Team friendly and you enjoyed your Desserts & Drinks in our adjoing Restaurant. I hope you had a good crossing over to Ireland and enjoyed your break. I would be obliged if you would contact me on my e-mail address to discuss your stay further pitl.dumfries@whitbread.com.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I love staying at these Premier Inn. Nice pub as always next door. I went at the end of June when we where having some very warm weather and the hotel could have done with some air-conditioning in the rooms which it didn't have at the time but overall It was good as always.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was ideally placed to break our trip up to Scotland. Check in was faultless due to the fact I had checked in on line the day before!

Room was clean and comfortable and the addition of a fan as the weather was warm was a nice touch.

Ate at the restaurant as we had booked a meal deal so got evening meal and breakfast which is excellent value for money.

Highly recomended and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just had our second visit to premier inn Dumfries and I am now looking to book again as we have been really pleases with the service provided by the staff. They are friendly and helpfull. It is very clean and near to every thing in Dumfries

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family