“3rd visit”

Huntingdon House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 52 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2013

once again a fantastic stay at the huntington , the hotel is lovely , , and is well situated for the station , we travelled by train ,and for getting around and visiting places,we hired a car when we were there . the rooms are spacious very clean and comfortable . the breakfast is a must , and is served with a smile and a joke , .The garden.is lovely ( its first time we have been able to sit out in it , ) and Terry serves up a mean cocktail . Terry and Lynne are a great friendly couple ,and nothing is to much trouble , and our stay with them is like home from home , looking forward to our next visit

Room Tip: i have stayed in 3 different rooms and family have stayed in 2 others and they are all lovely
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have to stay that I think Terry and Lynn are doing such a fanatic job with the Hotel. When you walk through the door and you are made to feel most welcome by the two of them. It is a Hotel that has the personal touch and perfect for visiting Scotland. 10/10 for the breakfast and you really have to try the Mushrooms and sausages. The rooms are extra clean and bed is super comfy. you will again will feel that personal touch. I am looking forward to my next stay and feel lucky that my first time to Scotland was at the Huntingdon House in Dumfries. My advise is to book it soon as possible. Drinks at the Hotel bar is always a joy.

Room Tip: room 9 with its nice big bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank essex44
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The owners were outstanding -- funny, nice, helpful, went out of their way to make our stay fantastic. The room was clean, spacious, with a very comfortable bed and excellent breakfast. It was nice to have the pub right downstairs, and the terrace seating was lovely. We were there for four nights, and would have loved to stay longer. Excellence in a lovely, homey, comfortable setting.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room here, but our room, #2 was spacious and right at the top of the stair...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancyye
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Not our first visit. Once again met all expectations. Quiet location with a huge private car park. Pre ordered breakfast was spot on time and very good. Very clean, accommodating, good food and drink. Very homely with extremely friendly owners. Bar prices very reasonable compared to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy54_12
Reviewed 1 July 2013

2nd stay at this hotel. Very helpful and great place to say. We were in Dumfries for the Scottish Rally at the end of June 2013 and enjoyed our stay. Very clean, accommodating, good food and drink. We had a need to use a battery charger overnight and Terry has no hesitation to assist us. It made a big difference to us.

Have booked to stay again in October.

Room Tip: Room no. 1 was VG.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Third visit to the Huntingdon House Hotel. I think that all I want to say has been said on many occasions before. This is without any shadow of doubt the number one place to stay in Dumfries. Spotlessly clean and very homely with extremely friendly owners. You are given advice on where to eat and both Lynne and Terry offered to drive us to any local restaurant of our choice ( not many places do that ) Bed was so comfy and we had an excellent nights sleep. Quiet location with a huge private car park. Breakfast which you pre order was spot on time and very good. 100% satisfaction , well done to both of you, a credit to the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have stayed in many places in Dumfries this year, due to my mother being in hospital most of this year. I can honestly say, this place has been the best yet. Although I turned up early begging a room, I was made to feel welcome, and despite only having their king size room available, I was offered this room at a very reasonable price, given I was staying alone.
There is a lovely private garden, with sheltered area to accommodate smokers such as myself, again it felt welcoming, given smoking is so frowned upon these days.
I cannot comment on the food as I did not eat there, though I was very touched that both owners made the effort to come and speak to me, and offered to do pretty much anything I wanted for breakfast. It is these small gestures I feel that really make a place.
Huntingdon house will be the first place I check for vacancies if I should need to stay in Dumfries again. Thank you very much to the owners for making my stay pleasant, albeit only one night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Holiday Inn Dumfries
Friars Carse Country House Hotel
Townhead Hotel
Townhead Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lockerbie

Been to Huntingdon House Hotel? Share your experiences!