Ferintosh Guest House
US$100
US$134
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Glenlossie Guest House(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
US$120
US$114
  • Breakfast included
US$112
Holiday Inn Dumfries(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
Travelodge
US$82
PremierInn.com
All reviewscooked breakfasttea coffeebed was very comfortablewarm welcomerobertsonemmahostsscotlandensuite
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My wife and I stopped for three days in Dumfries at Ferintosh House. Close to the train station, comfortable rooms, friendly dogs, drams of whiskey each night and great conversation. Robinson and Emma were generous hosts and we had entertaining exchanges during breakfast covering topics from health care to Scottish independence. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ferintosh, Owner at Ferintosh Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Review of Guest
Thanks for the kind words- come back anytime.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I made a phone booking the previous day at this guest house and I'm really glad I did. Close to the railway station, it is run by a very friendly, helpful couple, Robertson and Emma. I was offered secure accommodation for my bicycle, and given advice about the town and where to get a good evening meal. My room was clean and comfortable, with television, and facilities for making coffee, tea, etc, plus biscuits and sweets. The en-suite bathroom was spotlessly clean. The welcome pack was very helpful and comprehensive. Breakfast was marvellous, and the couple were pleasant and cheerful. Although it didn't apply to me, I was pleased to see that dogs are welcome to stay there with their owners. Dumfries is a pleasant little town, and the Ferintosh is an ideal base from which to explore the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Review of Guest
Wonderful guest- hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed for only one night (unfortunately) on a break-neck three day tour of the area visiting local gardens. Ferintosh is a lovely, traditional B&B that reminds me of the kind of places I used to stay with my parents when we made the same kind of short breaks - I don't mean that in any kind of a negative way, I like feeling nostalgic! Our room was clean, the bedding luxurious, the en-suite small but had everything we needed. The dram of whisky in the room is a really original touch though sadly wasted on us as neither of us as whisky drinkers. Breakfast was really good with a wide choice. Our hosts, Robertson and Emma seem to have struck a good balance between genuine friendliness and professionalism.

Nothing to do with the B&B but we found parking a bit of a worry when we first arrived as the whole area (indeed most of Dumfries) is either residents parking or 'disc' areas. There are no parking meters and its not obvious where you might obtain a 'disc' to display. The best solution, I think, is to stop somewhere near the B&B and check-in so that Robertson can give you a parking permit to display - then you're fine!

We would certainly return to the Ferintosh and would highly recommend it. There is so much to do in the area that I think a longer stay is in order next time :)

Review of Guest
Thanks for the kind words- great guests.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

great experience in this B&B in dumfries.
clean rooms, good size, bathrooms a bit small but functional (first time I had carpet in my bathroom)
good breakfast, you will love the cook in his cooking kilt.
is close to the center of dumfries.

if you get the chance go to the park at one hour distance to see the stars. unfortunately it was clouded the day we went.

Review of Guest
Fun guests- hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Dumfries on a family matter. We were welcomed on arrival by Robertson, who was exceedingly charming. Our room was small but very attractive and adequate for our needs, Robertson gave us helpful information on local hostelries and provided us with a detailed map of the area. Our miniature poodle had a welcoming bowl of treats waiting in the room. All the facilities provided are what you would expect in a posh hotel! Breakfast was top quality and the quantities were very satisfying! The care the proprietors have taken to ensure their guests' comfort is more than words can describe. The dram of fine malt whisky went down a treat and ensured a good night's sleep. I will be back to stay here next time I am in Dumfries.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Review of Guest
Excellent guests- come back anytime.