“Absolutely brilliant cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A view of Burns Street from Rabbie's front door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Colin W
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Car Vandalised outside of Property”
Reviewed 7 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Arrived on 29/12 for 3 night stay for New Year..Its states in quiet street, it’s actually a busy short cut thoughfare into the town centre. Quite noisy from motor vehicles as part of street cobbled and noisy from flats opposite and behind throughout the night...
Sat 30/12 we had a storm and slithers of slate fell from roof onto my car scraping Windscreen, but worse , someone vandalised my car by snapping off rear wiper arm and in doing so gouged into the paintwork on the tailgate. I contacted the owners and Brian came round within 15 mins, he saw the damage to car and witnessed a further piece of slate still hanging off roof as well as bits of slate on the floor outside bedroom window to front of property , he commented he will get a ladder to the piece of slate, later that afternoon. He and I took pictures and he said he would contact his insurers. He requested we I went to the police station to get a crime number for the vandalism, which I did and said he would contact me after speaking with his insurers. We consequently left a night early as if the vandalism happened the night before New Year’s Eve what could happen on the night itself( they did offer £50 refund for the night we didn’t stay ).. I chased up the owners on 2/1/18 to see if they had any news from insurers, forgetting it was still a bank holiday for which I apologised, on 3/1/18 I received a text saying a roofer was going around on Wednesday to ascertain if any of their slates had come off their roof.??? Obviously after getting advise they started to back track ... on Friday Brian sent me a text message saying the roofer had been round and no slates had fallen of their roof, and that I should contact my car insurers for the vandalism....totally rejecting any responsibility...a few minutes before the text arrived I was handed a further piece of slate from the Autoglass technician which had lodged in my engine vent... which magically matches the slate on 5 Burns Street...from the end coping which had shelled . I sent Brian a text message expressing my disappointment in his changed of attitude on the events... which has obviously fallen on deaf ears.
Really disappointing way to end the year and bring in the New....

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
16 Jan 2018
Thank you for your feedback Colin. I had hoped we managed to convey our horror and dismay to you about what happened at the time. We were with you within 15 minutes of you reporting the incidents to us and Brian helped you report the vandalism at the police station. It is usually a quiet street and you were very unfortunate that it wasn't that night. The last thing I say to guests is that they should contact us if there are any problems. We are registered landlords with Dumfries and Galloway council and take that role very seriously. Perhaps I should have said that we would help sort out any noise complaints. I'm sorry I didn't reassure you on that aspect. We compensated you as soon as we could for the lost night. When you wrote this review on 7/1 we were still in discussion with our insurers to find the best way of compensating you so you didn't have to go through your own insurers. We finalised things from our end on 8/1 and I sent a cheque on the 9th, which you have since cashed. I am truly sorry you felt we were backtracking and totally rejecting any responsibility. This is not how we want to operate and we always endeavour to put guests' comfort and happiness first.
olwyn_mcc...
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant cottage”
Reviewed 19 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Lovely cosy well equipped cottage very helpful owners. We only booked the cottage while our bathroom was being adapted Dumfries is only about 15 miles from our home but we really felt as though we were on holiday. The cottage is in a very quiet little street just five minutes from the Town Centre with plenty of Take Away Food outlets nearby. Would love to stay again sometime.

23 Nov 2017
Olwyn thank you for your lovely feedback. We are so glad you and your family felt comfortable and relaxed while you were out of your own home. We'd love to welcome you to Burns Street again.
Gillian S
“A step back in time in the heart of Dumfries”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Perfectly located in a lovely little street, yards away from town centre. Ideal base for exploring. Cottage was very clean, with everything we needed for a very relaxing few days. I visited with my mum, who loved the history of being so close to Burn's house. Cottage was very accessible and comfortable, beds were really comfy and Susan was lovely. We made a start on the Christmas shopping at Gretna gateway and enjoyed a trip down memory lane visiting Powfoot, where we holidayed every year when I was little. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thank you again Susan

26 Oct 2017
Gillian thank you for your lovely feedback. We love the fact that oor wee hoose is on such an historic street. We celebrate Burns Night there when we can! We are very happy you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were comfortable and enjoyed being so close to the town centre.
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 15 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Your age range 65+
17 Sep 2017
Dorothy, we are so glad you had a great week and that we were able to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for your positive feedback.
tiggy918
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Ideal location”
Reviewed 3 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Situated in the centre of town, but in a quiet location - handy if you are without a car, like we were. Owners very helpful, property was good value for money.

Your age range 50-64
5 Jun 2017
Thank you Anita. We are glad you and your friends found Burns Street convenient for your sight-seeing and walking.
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

15 Apr 2017
Fay, we are glad you liked our little south-west corner of Scotland. Very much undiscovered, we feel. We will be very happy to welcome you and your family back again.
silver039
salou
“perfectly wonderful”
Reviewed 18 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

All the previous reviews have been spot on. The location is just perfect, parking no problem even with a ford ranger pick-up to park. The house itself was so clean and welcoming as was Susan,who we both knew would not be intrusive, but on the other hand would always be there at the end of a call if needed for absolutely anything. If I could comment as a dog owner about the property, is that being in the heart of the town centre was no problem at all, as is described by the owners the house is literally five minutes walk from the lovely dock park, and another ten minutes takes you to a really lovely walk up the nith river to Kingholm Quay, which was a total surprise as we did not know it existed. it really is unusual to find a holiday let that if you wanted you could just park the car walk the dogs, go for a drink in the dog friendly pubs and then get a take away on the way home.The surrounding areas of Dumfries are really stunning. There are some lovely coastal havens such as Rockliff and Kippford which again were a wee surprise.Only wish that it had been longer then three days, but having said that we have stayed in some places for at least a week and have not enjoyed or felt as refreshed as we did staying at Burns Street. All in all house, location,atmosphere, amenities PERFECT. We will surely return at hopefully some time soon. All in all this house is perfect for any type of break that you are looking for. Thank you Susan and Brian for letting us rent your property, we really appreciated it,

The Gallaghers, and the two spaniels

19 Mar 2017
Thank you, May, for your words of appreciation. We are so happy that you like what we like about about Burns Street - it is so handy! We are also glad you managed to find some of the lovely places nearby. They are quiet and unspoilt. We'd love to welcome you both (and the spaniels) back again.
Susan and Brian
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing