“Great day out at Laggan Outdoor Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Laggan Outdoor

Laggan Outdoor
More attraction details
Owner description: Laggan Outdoor offer indoor and outdoor adventure activities for all the family. We offer something for everyone be it one of Europes longest Zip wires or Archery, Grass Sledging and Jeep driving, to the more extreme Mountain Balling, Mountain Boarding, Segway tours or Clay Pigeon Shooting. We're open all year round, but please do book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Annan, United Kingdom
“Great day out at Laggan Outdoor Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Brilliant day out, kids and adults all loved it. We did archery, the zip wire and mountain ball. The views from the top of zip wire were simply stunning. The staff were knowledgeable and very friendly. The café was a welcome warm up with proper coffee and fab cakes. A great day out which we hope to repeat soon. Thankyou x

Visited August 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Superb Afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We enjoyed a great afternoon on 31st of July, the kids loved mountain balling !! They also tried out the huge Zip Wire and Grass Sledging. Wife and I loved the coffee lol.
The staff at Laggan were fantastic and must be a real credit to Duncan, who himself was a credit to Laggan. Another visit will be a must when we return to the area.
Thanks Guys !!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it but expected better as of the other reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

At first . The day before we got to the laggan centre ,we arrived to find a lovely place . We booked the zip wire, water balling , mountain balling but was cancelled , archery, reverse steer jeep was a bit dull .. expected more than just being blindfolded and steering alternate ways didnt last much time at all but still enjoyed it .. my only disadvantage about it all . Was the receptionist who didnt seem to care about so many people queing . Not enough staff for the reception .. he kept going away to the hut or to sit in his car and pet his dogs . Quite a few ppl today .. every table was full .. the man is not switched on . One minute were coming wednesday . Then suddenly says tuesday . Big confusion .. himself is cocky, unpleasant and needs to be taught a better manner with customers otherwise like the 1 star review u will lose customers
.voicing my opinion on politeness .
My review is only based on the cafe that young lass is an ace coffee maker and the enjoyment of the activities .. all the other staff were smiling and made you feel safe .. special shout out to aron i think the waterball guy and the other bloke . For making it more fun then fear .. ah just jump in and enjoy urself :)

6 Thank bamforth94
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Afternoon fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Had an afternoon experience covering 3 adventures staff were amazing friendly and made you feel at ease we had a go at mountain ball wow. Segway adventure over the fields harder than you think I managed to end up on a heap but you are well padded and protected and looked after again great fun lastly the zip wire great views seemed the zip went on for ever but best adventure of the day would so go again when in the area great for everyone if you're not up for the adventure you can watch from the care outside and still be part of a great day the staff were fabulous Stacey Hannah Callum all good guys to help and make the day extra special

1 Thank markUK23
Dumfries, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“First impressions!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I made an impromptu visit, a week ago last Monday, with our grand daughter. Our intention, to book a Birthday Party for her and twenty of her friends. We arrived at Laggan, what a stunning location. On entering the reception/ cafe area we over heared the male receptionist barking out orders down the radio system. Once finished, he looked up and scowled at a young girl standing at the reception desk asking "what?" to which she replied "can I have another go on the zip wire?" His unfriendly and curt reply " just go away"! My wife and I exchanged uneasy glances at this point. A young lady (staff member I presume - as she wore a Laggan top) entered, smiled and asked if she could help. We explained we were waiting for the receptionist to make a booking. I hadn't even finished my sentence when the receptionist started barking orders at the young lady who had taken 1 minute of her time to speak to us and make us feel welcome. The young lady smiled at us and apologised explaining that she had to go and said " if you'd like to go reception" at that the male at reception barked further orders at her "telling her to move"! My grand daughter whispered to my wife " that man's horrible granny", at that we left without making any booking.

I ran my own business, with over 60 staff, for 44 years and never did I or would I have spoken to any of my staff in this manner. The young lady had been friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome and for that, she was then belittled in public for trying to help. Can I suggest whatever customer service training your young lady has undertaken that the unfriendly and rude stocky receptionist undertakes also. On saying that how do you teach manners to such arrogance.

10 Thank clanmcdonald1954
Duncan M, Owner at Laggan Outdoor, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello,

I can only apologise for the experience you had at Laggan 2 weeks ago. This is totally unacceptable and has been dealt with. Having looked into this, there has been some confusion with conversations that you have overheard in terms of customers having another Zip. This was a team member discussing their next job to be done. However, your perception of our business has been tarnished by this and I cannot apologise enough.

As you will see from our other 164, 4 or 5* ratings, customer service, welcome, friendliness, warmth and humour are the first thing that people comment on from their experience with us, the activities come second. And the person you have critisized is one of the highest rated members of our team (based on customer surveys) and I hope you will bare this in mind.

It goes without saying that I am always on the end of the phone if you would like to discuss this further.