Bank of Fleet Hotel
Murray Arms(Gatehouse of Fleet)
US$126
Kirk House(Gatehouse of Fleet)
US$93
US$90
The Ship Inn(Gatehouse of Fleet)
  • Breakfast included
Cally Palace Hotel(Gatehouse of Fleet)
TripAdvisor
Anwoth Holiday Park(Gatehouse of Fleet)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely beer gardenportions are hugepeasbread and butterfish fridayvaried menupieate heremain coursean excellent mealtea coffeestay there againshort stayon arrivalevening mealwell worth a visitgatehouse
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Having read a few reviews beforehand I thought this little Hotel would be fine for one overnight, well I was so wrong! Had I not paid in advance I would have walked out. I had booked the family room for a treat for my niece and nephew. On our arrival I immediately knew I had made a mistake. The decor was well past it's best. The list of faults is endless - to start with, the bedroom door was cracked in several places, the furnishings were extremely old, there was dust on all the skirting boards and my nephew was even able to write his name on the dust which lay on top of the Sky box. The T.V. was positioned above the sofa, which incidently had a hole in it, discovered by my neice. The bunkbeds were very shaky, and definitely required replacing. The bathroom was filthy, the shower frame was covered in thick grime and every time the toilet was flushed it sounded like a pneumatic drill. My niece and nephew thought we had travelled through a time warp, and struggled to believe how anyone could be expected to stay here. Unfortunately we were not in a position to move therefore reluctantly settled down for the night. At 10.30pm we were awakened by the loudest jukebox I have ever heard, lucky us had the room above it. The music continued until 12.45am!!! I cannot believe that this Hotel has been awarded 3 stars. It is such a shame as the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the restaurant at the back was lovely. In days gone by people may have accepted this kind of accomodation, we are no longer living in the 1970's and I certainly expect more for my money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank edmar186534
Reviewed 29 March 2013

If you are looking for somewhere homely with great food, huge portions and great atmosphere then this is the hotel for you. We stayed recently and could not have had a better experience especially given that Gatehouse of Fleet was shut off from the world due to the freaky snow storm and the hotel was full to bursting. The staff were their usual cheery, friendly and efficient selves and made us feel like part of their family. The room was lovely and clean and the bed very comfortable. We were also able to take our dog with us and she was made very welcome too. We stayed in another hotel the night before we arrived in the Bank of Fleet and I can assure you they couldn't lace the Bank of Fleet's boots! Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. Thank you so much To Kirsty and the staff and we see you all soon again! Tj

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Time to spare en route to Cairnryan on Wednesday 9th January 2013 so meandered off the beaten track (A75) and found this hotel at around 5pm. As the main road now bypasses the town this many years gone by, I had forgotten it's existence. Asked for a pot of coffee and was served within minutes. Didn't eat on this occasion but did take note of the specials, steak and suchlike, and the accompanying good value pricing. Coffee was very good, not instant rubbish.
The front dining room, lit fire in fireplace, (in front of the bar) is kind of bleak. Probably harks back to when licensed premises were seen as drinking dens. The decor is austere fake wood but the loos are excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This was a delightful hotel where we stayed for two nights. it had excellent staff and was very clean and well a pointed.
The food was more than adequate, the lamb shank being well above expectations.
Parking on the main street was no problem, all be it out of season.
Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Went for Dinner here with the family on our first night in town. The function room / restaurant was booked for a group so we ate in a room at the front of the hotel which distinctly lacked any atmosphere or comfort. The serving staff were just ok.
Food was standard pub fare but nothing special about it. What really illustrated the standard was the dirty table and the salt cellar which was filthy with congealed ketchup. We were the first cover of the night and this was handed to us by the server from stock so couldn't have been left that way from previous diners.
Following nights we ate elsewhere with much better value and quality

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family