“Brilliant”

Bank of Fleet Hotel
Bank of Fleet Hotel
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went last night, group of 8 for a birthday meal and we couldn't have asked for a better service, great food, great staff and great value. With 8 of us the service was very good, no cold food and we could take as long as we liked eating, no rushing you out of the door. Very good value too. We have been here a few times before and we are never disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This review refers to the Bank of Fleet restaurant. Here you will find a spacious, bright and pleasant restaurant area, with access to a beer garden. The staff are friendly, efficient and accommodating. The food is very nice andextremely generous in its portions (too much for us!). If you are after simple, honest, no-nonsense bar food, this is the place to go. Ian, the Chef, serves a lovely Chicken Jalfrezi, as well as other home-made dishes. The staff, especially Kirsty, Elspeth and Kay-lee are so welcoming and friendly to regulars and tourists. Our only point for improvement would be that the bar area (which you have to go thorough to get to the restaurant) is a tad shabby, but don't let this put you off. The Bank of Fleet represents excellent value for money, combined with efficient and friendly service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We ate here every night while on holiday in Gatehouse of Fleet. We could not fault the food and the cost was very reasonable.
The service was prompt and friendly and could not be faulted in any way.
Well done.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

As a courier driver i had a drop in northern ireland so i planned my trip accordingly.I got off the 10pm Stenna line ferry in Cairnryan and the Hotel is about 45 miles away along just off the A75 bypass and got to the hotel at 11pm.On arrival i was made to feel welcome and having dropped my bag off in my room i went down to the bar for a couple of drinks as they served till midnight before retiring to bed.The locals had a darts match on and there was a good atmosphere and a couple made conversation with me making me feel welcome.The bedroom was spacious and clean and a nice big shower cubicle.My only gripe was the tv was outdated and i could not get it to work as there was 3 remote controls including one for sky box but as i was only there for one night i didn't make a fuss over it.Had a lovely breakfast in morning with orange juice,choice of cereals and a full cooked english breakfast - oopppsss sorry a full cooked Scotish breakfast ! Really enjoyed my stay and will certainly stay here again when i next have a trip to Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

During our visit to Gatehouse of Fleet, popped into The Bank of Fleet Hotel. First time was just for a drink but went back the next day for dinner. Staff very friendly and service was good. Although it is an old hotel the restaurant area was very modern, bright and spacious. Menu had a varied choice and prices extremely reasonable. Food was lovely. Cannot comment on bedrooms in hotel as didn't stay there. Would definitely go back if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginge1962
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Having read a few reviews beforehand I thought this little Hotel would be fine for one overnight, well I was so wrong! Had I not paid in advance I would have walked out. I had booked the family room for a treat for my niece and nephew. On our arrival I immediately knew I had made a mistake. The decor was well past it's best. The list of faults is endless - to start with, the bedroom door was cracked in several places, the furnishings were extremely old, there was dust on all the skirting boards and my nephew was even able to write his name on the dust which lay on top of the Sky box. The T.V. was positioned above the sofa, which incidently had a hole in it, discovered by my neice. The bunkbeds were very shaky, and definitely required replacing. The bathroom was filthy, the shower frame was covered in thick grime and every time the toilet was flushed it sounded like a pneumatic drill. My niece and nephew thought we had travelled through a time warp, and struggled to believe how anyone could be expected to stay here. Unfortunately we were not in a position to move therefore reluctantly settled down for the night. At 10.30pm we were awakened by the loudest jukebox I have ever heard, lucky us had the room above it. The music continued until 12.45am!!! I cannot believe that this Hotel has been awarded 3 stars. It is such a shame as the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the restaurant at the back was lovely. In days gone by people may have accepted this kind of accomodation, we are no longer living in the 1970's and I certainly expect more for my money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank edmar186534
Reviewed 29 March 2013

If you are looking for somewhere homely with great food, huge portions and great atmosphere then this is the hotel for you. We stayed recently and could not have had a better experience especially given that Gatehouse of Fleet was shut off from the world due to the freaky snow storm and the hotel was full to bursting. The staff were their usual cheery, friendly and efficient selves and made us feel like part of their family. The room was lovely and clean and the bed very comfortable. We were also able to take our dog with us and she was made very welcome too. We stayed in another hotel the night before we arrived in the Bank of Fleet and I can assure you they couldn't lace the Bank of Fleet's boots! Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. Thank you so much To Kirsty and the staff and we see you all soon again! Tj

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Newton Stewart
Kirkcudbright Bay Hotel
Kirkcudbright Bay Hotel
#3 of 4 in Kirkcudbright

Been to Bank of Fleet Hotel? Share your experiences!