All reviews large portions lovely beer garden john smiths lentil soup fish chips bread and butter fish friday kids menu evening food varied menu pie sunday lunch ate here main course an excellent meal tea coffee short stay
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We were the only people in for food at the start of the meal but we did have a toddler so were probably earlier than normal eating out time. By the end a few more people had arrived. There was a varied menu with lots of choice and the kids menu was more interesting than the standard sausage, mash and chips. I had a pork option and the sauce was divine. It took longer than ideal for the main course to arrive but the waiting staff were helpful and pleasant. Enjoyable family meal.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here on several occasions and never disappointed. This occasion was the "Fish Friday" offer. Once again, very friendly and welcoming staff. The 'back room' is very spacious, well laid out, and spotlessly clean. Order arrived in good time. Fish (breaded or battered), chips, mushy (or garden) peas, bread and butter, and tea/coffee (all for £8 ish). Excellent value. Opted for the breaded fish. Decent sized and very tasty. On departure you nearly always get a small chocolate sweet. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Was on holiday & visited the bank of fleet hotel for a meal as it was the only pub in Gatehouse of Fleet that accepts dogs.

We were sat in the bar area as with the dog. The staff are so friendly & it just seems like a very welcoming pub.

The menu is has all the pub classics on it & the portions are huge.

The prices for meals are very reasonable too & a bottle of wine was less than 12 quid.

We were also surprised to see John Smiths on draught too especially been north of the border.

Great pub defiantly worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank JamieWG78
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I visit Gatehouse of Fleet every year and stay in the Anwoth caravan park and our first stop is always the Bank of Fleet for lunch or dinner and Sometimes both, Great Food, Great Portions and Great Value, friendly staff and locals.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I stayed here for one Friday night and thought it was great. Centrally located in the bonny town of Gatehouse of Fleet. I had no problem finding a parking space directly outside the hotel when I needed to. Check-in was the quickest ever with no faffing about. Was shown to my room by a very friendly and helpful lady. Comfy room with a great bed. Ensuite perhaps on the small side but fine with me. Very tasty and generous breakfast in a nice restaurant. I would definately return and recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo