Hazeldene Hotel
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewshoneymoon suitecrispy beefhomemade chipswedding partycouldn't do enoughstaff were brilliantbooked roomsvisiting gretnawould highly recommend this hotelwedding receptionevening mealate herepiewedding breakfastjacuzzi bathlovely mealfeel very welcome
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I read several negative reviews after booking this hotel for our wedding reception. I was really worried but it was paid for and too late and expensive to change the venue. All my worries turned out to be totally unfounded. The service at the hotel was second to none and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Some of the reviews I read said the the bar was 'rowdy and noisy' in the enening and because the honeymoon suite was directly above the bar, it was very noisy in the room. This turned out to be absolute rubbish. The bar does have music and is lively but it definitely isn't rowdy. It is lively and very friendly. When we went to bed early on the Friday evening to get ready for the big day, we were'nt disturbed at all by any noise.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank richardeustace
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This family is real, and the rooms, bar, restaurant are what you are looking for as you cross onto Scotland on hway M6. Inexpensive with good value. If you want to feel Scotland right upon arriving, stop here of only for a Guinness.
Clean and solid, but the best part is the friendly young, curious and busy couple who run the place and the locals stopping in. A favorite for local weddings.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Nice clean hotel, friendly welcome, good all round service and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Myself and my wife got married 19 February 2011 and held our wedding reception here, we couldn't have been more overjoyed by the venue, helpfulness of the staff and how much attention to detail all the staff put into making our day run to plan, some of the wedding party stayed overnight and the rooms were fabulous. All the wedding guests ate there on the eve of the wedding and again all the staff were wonderful, even putting together a cheese board even though it wasn't a menu choice, we had a baby in the party and were more than accommodating to her needs. I would most definatley recommend this to anyone planning for a wedding venue, the food was excellent and the Chef made every effort to meet our dietary needs. Micheal and Debbie really do make sure you have a day to remember!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank alexwitty
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I didn't actually stay in a room here but I was the best man at a wedding party and all I can say is that I have never had such service anywhere. All the staff were polite and friendly, Nothing was too much trouble and the food was excellent.
We had an evening meal the night before which, again, was excellent and very well priced. There is a good selection of beers and wines for all tastes.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definately go back there.
It may not have 5 stars rating but, in my opinion, the service you get is 5 Stars

• Stayed: February 2011