“Good Value”
Review of Hazeldene Hotel

Hazeldene Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Gretna Green B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is very good value.

At the moment you would struggle to find a cheaper room, although this may change as business picks up.

The rooms are basic, but clean, breakfast is OK.

One problem when I stayed is that there was live music in the bar and this went on until past 11:30, VERY LOUDLY INDEED.

However, I would have thought it would be quieter most nights - you might want to check if you want an early night, though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Gretna and get married. From the second we arrived at the Hazeldene, we were made to feel welcome. Kieron, the boss, was very accommodating and allowed the free movement of our party between rooms. The honeymoon suite was lovely, with little touches like an old school record player and four poster kingsize bed. The service was very attentive thoughout.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Hazeldene for two nights as we had run off to gretna to get married. The hotel was amazing and the staff couldn't do enough for us. They were really accommodating with our room and the food in the restaurant was perfect.

It is the perfect location for access to the registry office and the famous blacksmiths is just over the road.

Thank you Hazeldene for making our wedding extra special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel offers friendly, helpful service, large room,large bathroom with a bath, tea, coffee and added extras include hot chocolate and biscuits in the room. Although close to motor way it is quiet in the room. Location is central Gretna Green, Blacksmiths shop a short walk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Wow, what a contrast. My first impressions have restored my faith in low cost hotels in Scotland. The manager, Keiron was extremely friendly and took me to my room whilst explaining they had put me in a family room as it had a nice big bed (and he hadn't even seen that I was a ‘very large man’ yet as pointed out by the owner of the last hotel I stayed in!).

The room is small but nice and would have been fine for my family as it has bunk beds and a king size bed. It backs on to fields which is really nice but there is the noise of traffic as it is close to the M6 and A75, don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining, this is a million times better than my last experience.

All of the staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble and I felt relaxed each morning which is really important to me when working away. The breakfast was really nice, everything seemed freshly cooked and the sausages were proper ones not the cheap frozen budget ones.

The evening meals were also really nice and again were well cooked and seemed freshly made.

Wi-fi was being installed whilst I was there and seemed to be up and running on my last morning with a very strong signal so another plus if I stay here again.

Bear in mind the hotel is part of a pub, so there was some background music which I could hear from my room but it was OK for me.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying over in the area, 2 nights with food was less than £80 (although the daily rate may have been offered at preferential rates as my customer booked it). Even so a real bargain and a very pleasant all round experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davesworlduk
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Booked a room here to break up my trip back down south. The owners are new and they were very hospitable. The room was nice and spacious, and they have said that they will be upgrading the rooms as well. The breakfast was tremendous as well and made for a good start to the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
#4 of 5 in Gretna
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#2 of 5 in Gretna

Been to Hazeldene Hotel? Share your experiences!