“hungry 9 year old”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Ayr, United Kingdom
“hungry 9 year old”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I ordered a child portion of macaroni cheese and chips for a hungry 9 year old and the portion was more suited to a 3 year old. When I said "is that it?", I was told "yes, but you've still a juice to get". We counted 6 chips and 2 tablespoonfuls of macaroni cheese. Won't be ordering that again.

• Visited April 2013

Cumbernauld
“What a Terrible welcome to Scotland”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were returning from a 5 day break in Blackpool and our coach had stopped off here for a one hour break. We went into Mathieson's cafe/restaurant for a mid morning snack. All the filled rolls and pasties and many of the cakes were pre wrapped and looked very unappetising. The hot food didn't look much better either. It took forever to get our teas and coffees and all the while my wife's luke warm pastie was getting colder as her temper got hotter. It seemed the wait was down to the staff who were at loggerheads with one another for some reason. To make matters even worse the girl on the till went out of her way to be as surly as possible and the look I got for asking for some napkins made me quake. Anyone visiting Scotland for the first time must have seriously considered turning around and heading home. This is an eaterie I will never return to!

• Visited March 2013