Days Inn Gretna Green M74
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsservice stationservice areaburger kingcontinental breakfastharry ramsdensmotorway servicesroom was cleanbudget hotellong journeygood nights sleepovernight stopfresh towelstea and coffeefree wifireception deskreception areawould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2011

we used the Days Inn as a stopover, during a long drive north towing a boat, we chose this particular hotel on its car parking facilities, as we needed secure parking. We certainly were not dissappointed, staff were amazing as was the room, very tidy, huge bath towels and great shower, most comfortable mattress i have slept on in a long while, and the hotel was very quiet. eating facilities were across the car park and were also very good, the Breakfast was very fillling just what we needed for our long drive north, i would highly reccomend this hotel, i will certainly use it again if in the same area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamasan1
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was praying this hotel had good internet as I wanted to talk to my family in Canada. I was not let-down! Great room, Clean and tidy. Bathroom looked new- loads of hot water and fresh towels.. Bed was comfy and good temp in room. THe only bad thing I can say is that there was no safe in the room, would have had to use the one at the front desk- I just took my laptop with me instead. Lobby was very welcoming. Staff was a little stand-offish I thought, but they were helpful with directions and places to eat and shopping! There was lots of parking at the hotel which made our driver very happy. This hotel is in a good area, which I always take note of as I like to go jogging in the morning. I would return again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the front
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Good value stop over with large, clean but a little tatty around the edge rooms. Surprisingly quiet and very friendly staff. Allows pets in some rooms which is handy.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 19 July 2011

On the better end of the scale for motorway motels - large, clean room, helpful staff, not noisy. Not the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, but certainly not the worst either. Reasonably priced, and a short walk to the main service area for meals.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We used this hotel as an over night stop on the way north to Glasgow. Situated about a mile from Gretna it served our needs perfectly. We just wanted somewhere to sleep on the journey up and it gave us a chance to visit Gretna for the Blacksmiths shop and the excellent outlet shopping centre. The hotel whilst close to the M74 is set back and shares the same lot as the Welcome Services. The room was basic but clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and hooray they actually issued proper sized bath towels and not the pocket handkerchiefs that you get in supposedly better establishments.We elected to receive a continental breakfast which was bought to our room on time. If you require a cooked breakfast then you had to go over to the services area, and pay by way of a voucher issued by the hotel. These hotels can vary but this one I would recommend for an over night stop. To be honest this type of hotel is built for that purpose for longer stays look into Longtown or Gretna itself.

Room Tip: Try getting one on the opposite side of the motorway
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple