Used this hotel to break up a journey up to Scotland and had chosen it purely based on location and price, but found it to be really good value for money. The room was large with a very comfortable double bed. The shower was nice and powerful and the bathroom was spotlessly clean. Our room price was only £40 but included breakfast which was brought our room in the morning. The breakfast included a piece of fruit, muller yoghurt, kelloggs cereal orange juice, milk and a croissant with butter and jam. The coffee in the room was kenco and the hot chocolate was cadbury. Considering how close it is to the M6 it was very quiet. We had everything we needed for our stay and at such a great price.
We only had three small problems with our stay the biggest was the room temperature. Our group was staying in 2 rooms opposite each other, the first one we walked into was definitely on the chilly side and the second one we walked into was like a sauna. There was controls on the heaters but it took the cooler room a couple of hours to start feeling warm while the warm room we switched the heater off and opened the windows but it didn't really get down to the right temperature until the early hours of the morning. Most of the staff we encountered were very friendly but the woman who checked us in wasn't very approachable and at times impatient with us for no good reason. Finally, they asked us when we wanted breakfast delivered and we said 8:30. They told us that that time slot wasn't available but that we could have it at 8:40 which was fine. But then they bought it at 8:25 when I was in the shower. It seemed silly to insist on arranging a specific time slot only to bring it 15 mins early.
Overall we found it to be great value for money hotel and would definitely use it again and recommend it for others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking. Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by. Tasteful en suite rooms and personal service make this convenient hotel an ideal place to break your journey. Each bedroom has a TV (with Freeview channels), a free hot drinks tray and newspaper, a hairdryer and a trouser press. All rooms have broadband Wi-Fi at an additional cost. Pets are permitted in the hotel. Please inform the hotel when you make your booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Gretna Green M74 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Green Days Inn
- Days Inn Gretna Green M74 Scotland