We travel from London to John O Groats regulary as I have family in Scotland.
This hotel is just of the motorway and is fine if all you need is somewhere to get a few hours sleep in.
It is clean but pretty basic and if you get a good deal it can be cheap as well.
We travel and stay with our dog and have never had a problem with smelly rooms, they have always smelled fresh (maybe we are used to dog smells) and we have not noticed any dog hairs on the carpets
I wouldn't stay here for longer than one night as it is a service station setting not somwhere you would be happy to spend a few days at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking. Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by. Tasteful en suite rooms and personal service make this convenient hotel an ideal place to break your journey. Each bedroom has a TV (with Freeview channels), a free hot drinks tray and newspaper, a hairdryer and a trouser press. All rooms have broadband Wi-Fi at an additional cost. Pets are permitted in the hotel. Please inform the hotel when you make your booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Gretna Green M74 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Green Days Inn
- Days Inn Gretna Green M74 Scotland