First impression of hotel a dive not anything like pictures on website, the hotel is like a grubby version of premier inn when you first go in, we were at gretna for a wedding and the bride and groom stayed there the night before us and we asked the reception if we could go in our room a little earlier but wouldnt allow it until 2pm and wanted an extra tenner off us so we didnt do it as we were already paying £70 for our room so we had to go in the bride and grooms room and start to get ready but was quite awkward, my partner went back to reception and kept persuading them and they eventually said 13.45 we could go in at no extra cost even though the room was sat empty, they were just trying to get extra money and which i thought was very mean and miserable of them eventually after more persuasion we got our room key at about 13.40 and was able to get stuff in and finish getting ready, the room was clean and we had the exec suite had a desk in and some chairs etc it wasnt too bad, the bathroom was quite dated. but room was fairly spacious but i would not say worth £70 a night. after the wedding we came back to hotel and had some drinks in our room. was glad there was a fridge in our room so we could keep champs chilled. but glad i took my own glasses as they had the cheapest nastiest plastic cups in the bathrooms. the wifi was rubbish, the towels very small, they had hard wooden head boards so everytime i got up in the night to use the loo and got back into bed my head cracked off the headboard, the mattresses were very cheap and too soft, no soap in soap dispencer and we went to receprtion to ask for some and they said they would fill it in the morning well it would be no good by morning as we would be gone, so they gave us small round blocked soap which was so cheap and nasty. and finally the shower was luke warm even though we changed it several times to try and warm it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking. Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by. Tasteful en suite rooms and personal service make this convenient hotel an ideal place to break your journey. Each bedroom has a TV (with Freeview channels), a free hot drinks tray and newspaper, a hairdryer and a trouser press. All rooms have broadband Wi-Fi at an additional cost. Pets are permitted in the hotel. Please inform the hotel when you make your booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn Gretna Green M74 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Green Days Inn
- Days Inn Gretna Green M74 Scotland