We booked this hotel for four nights as a base for exploring the surrounding area and it was very reasonable on LateRooms.
I was a bit hesitant when I realised that it was located in a motorway service area, but I need not have worried. The hotel is set back, away from the service area and is very quiet. So quiet, in fact, that we over-slept every morning, so set an alarm if you need to get up early.
The rooms were very clean and cleaned every day, but there were a few minor maintenance issues - a hairline crack on the top of the WC rim, rust staining down the inside of the bath, under the taps and no off/on hot/cold insert in the shower. These were all very minor and didn't spoil our stay in any way.
The tea bags and coffee portions weren't replenished one day, but this was clearly just an oversight by the cleaner and no great loss.
The big, comfy bed was excellent, the flat screen TV was fine but the rear HDMI input had been disabled for some strange reason, so I wasn't able to connect my tablet and watch films/TV shows.
The room looked was plain and simple and quite freshly decorated.
The free wifi was pretty slow and weak.
The power-shower was hot and powerful. So powerful that it sucked the shower curtain into the bath!
There were lots of parking spaces at the door, but make sure that you give the reception your registration number when you arrive or you could get a parking invoice.
The reception staff were all really friendly and helpful. A special thanks to the lady who told us where best to park in Carlisle!
If I was going back to Gretna, I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking. Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by. Tasteful en suite rooms and personal service make this convenient hotel an ideal place to break your journey. Each bedroom has a TV (with Freeview channels), a free hot drinks tray and newspaper, a hairdryer and a trouser press. All rooms have broadband Wi-Fi at an additional cost. Pets are permitted in the hotel. Please inform the hotel when you make your booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Gretna Green M74 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Green Days Inn
- Days Inn Gretna Green M74 Scotland