Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel
US$64
Priceline
US$135
US$132
Hunters Lodge Hotel(Gretna)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
US$100
  • Breakfast included
US$129
US$114
US$89
Graham Arms Hotel(Longtown)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$54
Travelodge
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,537 results
All reviewsthe penthouserose suitewedding packagebar menubalcony roomwedding partieswedding receptionlovely hotelbeauty salonfamily roomwedding nightreception staffanvil hallthe cottagesa la carte menuwedding breakfastamazing wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I wrote a complaint letter to this hotel, I addressed it to the managing director but I never received a response. It was in relation to a complaint I made against Alison, the Duty Manager. Upon checking in for a one night stay we found the receptionist to be hopeless, she was ignorant, rude and basically didn't care. We complained - Alison strutted out of the back office soon after to "deal with us". When I commented to my friend that the staff were very unfriendly - Alison chased us to the lift and tried to jam her hand in to stop the doors closing when that didn't work she ran up the stairs to catch us and got in my face and challenged me to what the problem was!! Alsion really isn't little so I felt quite threatened. In the end I asked her if she'd ever heard the customer was always right! That shut her up! Walking out was an option but not at the time we arrived with an elderly relative. When dealing with Alison bear in mind - she's like a bull and can charge! This hotel's staff - don't give a damn - they have so many tourists / weddings (obviously) that upsetting one or twenty one doesn't matter to them at all and in fact, I think they relish in the idea.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank KatieCook12
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We have just returned from Smiths having got married at the Blacksmiths Smiddy in Gretna Green. We stayed for two nights with four friends and what can I say. From the moment we arrived we were impressed. Lovely staff, excellent facilities the rooms were very modern and clean. The buffet breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel.

We had our meal in the restaurant which was first class and all guests were very impressed. The service was again first class and the staff made us feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone whether it be for a wedding or a short break.

We will certainly be returning for our wedding anniversary.

Jo and Mike

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2009

with only 5 days notice the staff at Smiths and Gretna Weddings helped us to plan, book and ultimately enjoy our wedding on the 7/6/09. they guided us thro getting a special licence to the finer details of flowers, food , cake, hairdressers and pipers to provide the perfect day. Nothin was too much trouble, the rooms (Ash Suite) and family rooms we booked were beautiful, the fruit, champagne and choccies delicious. The meals (evening, 3 course wedding breakfast, buffet and breakfast) were excellent and superb value for money. Our last minute party of 52 were very impressed with the professionalism and standards of service as were we. Excellent experience all round. dont hesitate to book into this hotel you wont be disappointed. They even repaired the brides nails free of charge !! it was a totally personal experience with great attention to detail. location as great for blacksmiths shop and I literally walked over the road to get married; Lynne even sucessfully ordered the rain to stay away.Thank you Michelle & Lynne.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2009

There are not enough superlatives to describe this lovely hotel.

I have stayed here once before while on business, and as I was so impressed thought it would make a nice stop for a romantic break.

The welcome in the hotel is without question one of the best I have ever experienced. As we were late in arriving, the hotel called us to ask if we would require any dinner on arrival, and would we like a table reserved; to my mind an excellent welcome before we arrived.

The rooms are very modern, decorated to the highest level; and a modern bathroom with lovely fixtures and fittings. Truly a romantic oasis.

We opted for room service which was proficiently delivered, which was overall of a high standard and reasonably priced.

A wedding was on while we were there, and the only noise we heard came from a member of their party; but this did not spoil the stay, nor cause me to not go back there again.

Breakfast was buffet style, and as we had over-slept were a little later in coming down, as breakfast service finished at 10 we felt a little rushed, but it did not spoil the overall enjoyment.

Lovely.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed here as we married in Gretna before going off to Vegas to do it all again! This was our hotel when we went back to re visit.
I imagine we will come back once a year for sentimental value.

A lovely hotel, 4 star not 5. Lovely clean trendy room, lovely toiletries in bathroom, slippers, robe etc.
Very small bar area and restaurant, lovely, but on busy days you would have nowhere to sit.
Fine for one quiet night.

Was very quick to check in and out.

This is the only decent hotel in Gretna. I can imagine when there are wedding parties on it's Hell if you're just sight seeing or in a couple or small group, as it really is a small hotel in terms of bar area etc.
Lovely food but very limited menu.

Will stay again.