Dee View Bed & Breakfast
The Selkirk Arms Hotel(Kirkcudbright)
US$133
Bank of Fleet Hotel(Gatehouse of Fleet)(Great Value!)
US$91
Orbitz.com
US$321
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Market Inn Hotel(Castle Douglas)
US$115
US$111
TripAdvisor
Cally Palace Hotel(Gatehouse of Fleet)
TripAdvisor
Murray Arms(Gatehouse of Fleet)
TripAdvisor
The Urr Valley Hotel(Castle Douglas)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall fridgebiscuitswarm welcomesingle roomlovely view of the riveren suitnight stayon arrivalone nightroom was spaciousnext morninglovely townjugdeecomfort
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was in Kirkcudbright to do a couple of cycle routes on consecutive days. I could have driven home and back again, but saw sense and decided to book a room through the Tourist Office in town. They booked me into Dee View, and I was going "blind" I really didn't know what to expect.

The single room was quite small but had everything you could possibly need. Odd sized bed, I think it was somewhere between single and double - and very comfortable. Spotless and very modern toilet and shower room. There was a small fridge in the room, very handy for the milk and bottled water which were supplied. The fridge was the source of my only complaint - it made an annoying buzzing sound which was enough to keep me awake. Not for long, as I just switched it off at the plug; problem solved! Just remember to switch it back on in the morning.

The breakfast in the morning was excellent. Fresh fruit salad (raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes - all of them fresh, not tinned) followed by a wide choice of cooked breakfast. Being a hungry chap, I had the full Scottish and it was first class, didn't need to eat again until night time, and that was after a 30 mile cycle.

Ian was a very welcoming host, and offered me the chance to put my bicycle in a lock-up garage. I declined as it was in bits in the back of my car, and I felt it would be safe enough there. I would highly recommend Dee View for fellow cyclists, or anyone else. Get the fridge fixed and it would be a 5/5 rating!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2011

First class B&B. This was an overnight stop on the way to the ferry. We were made to feel extremely welcome, and Ian & Jackie are excellent hosts. Spacious room with lovely view. The extras are a bonus, especially those hidden ones in the bathroom! We ere offered to put the bike in the garage, but it was perfectly secure outside. Thanks you for making bikers feel welcome 

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had a great one night stay at the Dee View B&B, Iain was so welcoming and the room was lovely - massive bed, clean and spacious and en-suite was great too - Breakfast in the Morning was lovely - We would highly recommend it - Thankyou! Peter & Kirstin

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We had a 2 night stay in the double room, lovely, clean,light and spacious. Very large, comfortable bed, great shower room, and delicious homemade biscuits too! We really enjoyed the breakfasts, we couldn't have asked for more. Ian was a great host.

This was our first trip to Kirkcudbright, we will be back and will definitely stay at the Dee View again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We had four nights at the Dee View B&B in August 2011 and I have to say that it is the nicest B&B I have ever stayed in. Ian was very welcoming front of house (we didn't actually get chance to say hello to Jackie), the breakfasts were delicious, plentiful and had an amazing and extensive choice - I can highly recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. My partner is vegetarian and they catered for him very well too. The room was spacious, clean and bright. The bed huge, the pillows soft and fluffy. The bathroom was really good too - a great power shower in a larger than average shower stall. Plenty of storage for all of your toiletries and a heated towel rail to take the nip out of the morning air. The little fridge was also a great benefit too for storing extra drinks.

Kirkcudbright is a good village to stay - easy to reach the entire Galloway peninsula from here. The village also has plenty of places to eat. On the advice of Ian we tried the Castle Restaurant - varied menu, everything very nicely done, an extensive wine list and not obscenly expensive either. We also tried the Indian one night and had fish & chips from the local chip shop sitting out on benches over looking the river.

Highly recommended and I'd have no hesitations in returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple