“A very enjoyable stay”

Dee View Bed & Breakfast
Dee View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 14 Kirkcudbright B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We did enjoy our stay, the b&b was very well appointed with very good services. The breakfast was super and the hosts very helpful and friendly. We had a problem with the Wifi but other than this would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimbo29
There are newer reviews for Dee View Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Perfect b&b. Pleasant and friendly hosts. Family room is great. Breakfast one of the best. Lots of nice touches such as games, books and DVDs, homemade biscuits, water and fresh milk in room fridge, lots of different teas in room. Spotless ensuite. Only improvement would be the wifi which we have not managed to connect to on any of our three visits. Haven't really persevered on that so i am sure it is fixable as it is ok for some other guests.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DiggsBucks
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at Dee View last weekend while visiting family. We stayed in the larger of the rooms, and we were met by Ian who showed us to the room. The room and bathroom were beautiful and spotless, with everything you could need, and extras. The views were lovely. The bed was really comfortable and we slept really well. Next morning we got a great breakfast of lovely fruit of different colours, yoghurt, cereal and a cooked breakfast. We were stuffed ! So thank you for a lovely stay Ian and Jackie.

Alan and Karen

Room Tip: If its for two, ask if larger room is available
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was in Kirkcudbright to do a couple of cycle routes on consecutive days. I could have driven home and back again, but saw sense and decided to book a room through the Tourist Office in town. They booked me into Dee View, and I was going "blind" I really didn't know what to expect.

The single room was quite small but had everything you could possibly need. Odd sized bed, I think it was somewhere between single and double - and very comfortable. Spotless and very modern toilet and shower room. There was a small fridge in the room, very handy for the milk and bottled water which were supplied. The fridge was the source of my only complaint - it made an annoying buzzing sound which was enough to keep me awake. Not for long, as I just switched it off at the plug; problem solved! Just remember to switch it back on in the morning.

The breakfast in the morning was excellent. Fresh fruit salad (raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes - all of them fresh, not tinned) followed by a wide choice of cooked breakfast. Being a hungry chap, I had the full Scottish and it was first class, didn't need to eat again until night time, and that was after a 30 mile cycle.

Ian was a very welcoming host, and offered me the chance to put my bicycle in a lock-up garage. I declined as it was in bits in the back of my car, and I felt it would be safe enough there. I would highly recommend Dee View for fellow cyclists, or anyone else. Get the fridge fixed and it would be a 5/5 rating!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2011

First class B&B. This was an overnight stop on the way to the ferry. We were made to feel extremely welcome, and Ian & Jackie are excellent hosts. Spacious room with lovely view. The extras are a bonus, especially those hidden ones in the bathroom! We ere offered to put the bike in the garage, but it was perfectly secure outside. Thanks you for making bikers feel welcome 

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had a great one night stay at the Dee View B&B, Iain was so welcoming and the room was lovely - massive bed, clean and spacious and en-suite was great too - Breakfast in the Morning was lovely - We would highly recommend it - Thankyou! Peter & Kirstin

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We had a 2 night stay in the double room, lovely, clean,light and spacious. Very large, comfortable bed, great shower room, and delicious homemade biscuits too! We really enjoyed the breakfasts, we couldn't have asked for more. Ian was a great host.

This was our first trip to Kirkcudbright, we will be back and will definitely stay at the Dee View again.

• Stayed: October 2011