“lovely cottage, lovely town, lovely people”

Nathaniel's Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kirkcudbright
Nathaniel's Cottage
Reviewed 22 January 2014

we stayed at this lovely cottage last year and found it to be clean and cosy, fresh flowers in the dining room and breakfast in the fridge!We come to Kirkcudbright every year and have stayed at many different cottages, and I can honestly say that this cottage has been the best so far and we will definitely be going back to Nathaniel's cottage, fantastic location too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband & I had a lovely week exploring this area of Scotland & staying at this charming cottage.
We appreciated the goodies that welcomed us.
Though it rained we really managed to explore the town & surrounding areas.
We especially enjoyed dining at the Selkirk arms.
The cottage was so comfortable and we felt really at home here.
I would definitely recommend Nathaniels Cottage.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobHal
Reviewed 23 April 2011

kirkcudbright & the nathaniels cottage have made a really excellent holiday.
The town & surrounding areas have plenty to do for kids & the cottage is very sweet & cosy.
The park is close by & the fish & chip shop by the harbour is a great place to eat al fresco!!
Wide straight roads for cycling & pram pushing, chocolate making company near by so our children could go have a practice for themselves & lots of little beaches that you could picnic on.
The surrounding towns are great too for shopping & eating.
This is our second trip to the cottage & we loved the new kitchen . My little one loves the rag dolls they have on the bed also.
My favourite thing about the cottage though is that it feels loved & you can tell the owners have furnished it like there own home.
I was surprised at the previous comments as we have found the cottage to be very clean & the cleaner Grace who we have met is lovely.
We would throughly recommend Nathaniels Cottage & Kirkcudbright.

Room Tip: Book early as dates often go
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I spent a lovely week in this town recently - and this cottage has good facilities for 2 people (or 2 adults + 1 or 2 young children - I'd suggest), and is in an excellent location and is good value for the price. However, when researching my stay I wasn't necessarily looking for the cheapest place but the 4 star rating attracted me to it. Unfortunately the cleanliness of the cottage didn't meet my expectations of 4 star (having stayed in several 4 star self-catering places before). I reported my concerns to the owner on the first day of arrival and most of these were promptly dealt with by their cleaner although some couldn't be rectified there and then. Since returning home I've received an unprofessional call from the owners stating I was rude to their staff. As I hope reviewers appreciate, this is an awkward conversation for anyone to have but I was polite, didn't swear or shout - merely pointed out the problems and asked for help rectifying them. I even had a pleasant chat about holiday plans with one member of staff (by phone). If you check my postings on this site you should see the majority are positive but I felt I should provide details of my trips - good or bad - so for this reason, sadly, I'm not recommending Nathaniel's cottage but I can sincerely recommend Kirkcudbright.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple