“Choc-tastic”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Choc-tastic”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited The CocoaBean Company while on holiday in Kirkcudbright, we were recommended to visit it by a family member and were not disappointed.

Our two children (6 & 4) wanted to make chocolate so we purchased tickets for this and they were able to go in almost immediately. It was fun watching them 'working' in the kitchen and making their own chocolate treats. The kitchen is behind glass so you can watch them - but I wish there had been a way to hear what was going on and what was being asked. The kids loved this part and along with their apron, and hair net left with a big bar of chocolate each and 2 other chocolate treats.

There is also a nice restaurant serving a great selection of food. We had arrived after dinner so did not buy any food, but we did get some ice cream - which was delicious.

The outdoor play area is great fun and the kids enjoyed themselves immensely.

It's great value, friendly staff and a great place to visit while you're on holiday or just to distract the kids for a few hours.

We'll definitely be back!

Liversedge, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Went here with 5 kids and was great value. Went in the playgym before and after the workshop and enjoyed out lunch at the cafe and hid some sweets that I bought from the little shop. Yummy

Visited June 2013
Lancashire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“One of our very favourite places”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have been here several times with our daughter and loved it every time. It never seems too manic despite all the kids.

Entry to the soft play area is very reasonable and the workshops are certainly worth the money!

One of the things which stands out is the quality and value of the food in the cafe. It's not at all typical of food at places which entertain kids which usually seems to be burger and chips at astronomical prices (a popular place close to CocoaBean Company in mind). It would be worth calling for the food alone.

We all love the place. Highly recommended!

Newcastle upon tyne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous day out for all”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We had a day out here with our 6 and 2 year old and I can only describe it as excellent! The kids loved the chocolate workshop and for £12.50 it includes a large chocolate slab which they decorate, a marshmallow creature, a chocolate animal and the apron they have to wear as well as unlimited play in the indoor and outdoor play areas. Amazing value I think and the food in the cafe also proved good value for money with generous portions. The indoor play area was one of the best I've seen for the small area it occupies and there is lots to keep them entertained outside too. The staff were all lovely, very friendly and great with the kids, my two year old had just about one on one tuition during the chocolate workshop. To top off the day the chocolate shop has some truly fabulous handmade chocolates for the grown ups and some really unique flavours. My only criticisms are these... They day was a little tainted by the amount of wasps so a few wasp traps especially near the entrances would be great as would a lower basin in the bathrooms for washing the children's hands or even a couple of little steps to helps them reach. Oh and one last thing.... An adults chocolate workshop pretty please. Overall a really great day out and well worth the money!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I'm just as excited as the kids!!! :0)”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Everytime we are visiting this end if the country this place HAS to be visited!!
At £12 a child it's well worth the visit into the chocolate making room (although a little more involvement from the children would be nice like it was in the original factory!) anyway for the price the kids get a mould to keep and make said mould in chocolate, then they make a slab with Choc & sweets followed by messing with marshmallows & Choc, also included outside of this is an outdoor play area and indoor soft play! The cafe is great and reasonably priced - the hot chocolate is to die for!! Another fantastic feature I found was after a particularly busy spot in the shop there wasnt much left in the way of slabs to buy so I was asked what I wanted and 10 minutes later they were with me!! Can't say fairer than that!! As a family we love this place and its chocolate! its a good job I don't live closer I would never stop eating it!! :0)