“Happy visitors”

Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Kirkcudbright
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Have visited since opening day and my children never tire of going.
Often something new to play on, the new fort being the current favourite!
Food is great and reasonably priced.
Staff are friendly. My children always look out for Susan who is lovely and always remembers their names and makes us feel very welcome.
Will continue to visit for a long time to come - a great day out

There are newer reviews for The CocoaBean Company

Reviewed 23 April 2014

a good place to go in good or bad weather. You only pay for children. My 5 year old son loved the chocolate making session and the indoor play area kept him happy for ages. We were lucky and had good weather so they also played happily outside. The café also served good food.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were in two minds about going here but it was only just off our route back to Yorkshire from the West of Scotland. We were lucky with the weather which would affect the outdoor play area to some extent but we had a fantastic day. Our son loved the chocolate making experience. The indoor and outdoor play areas are both fantastic with loads to do. The best part has to be the value for money. Free entry for adults and only £12.50 for kids which includes the chocolate making class from which we came away with 3 chocolates treats and an apron to keep. Lunch was reasonably priced too. Visit this place quick before they realise they could be charging a lot more!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We visite in the Easter holidays - so it was very busy. The playparks both indoors and outdoors are excellent. The only thing though was that I feel there should have been some sort of supervision!! My son was pushed violently against a wall by an unsupervised boy whose behaviour was appalling!! The big slide was ruined by kids climbing up it and it was really slow - you need someone to supervise this and provide some sort of mat to sit on! The panning for gold was a waste of time because it was full of rubbish! It's a great idea but it should have sand and shiny stones to find! The chocolate workshops looked great and were good value for money. The ice cream was delicious. My kids loved the indoor soft play but again was spoilt by badly behaved, unruly kids!! I think this would be a fabulous place if there was a bit of supervision in the play areas!! My son was lucky to not leave with a head injury - a boy pushed his tractor violently against a wall and his head was so close to hitting the wall I got a real fright - the unsupervised boy was doing this to all the kids and spoiling it!!

1  Thank Eaica
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good day out fir the kids, although it is a bit expensive to be honest, £37.50 for 3 kids to participate in the chocolate workshop is a step too far in my opinion.
Workshop presentation is excellent I must admit. The "leaders" are very good with the kids and help them as much as possible. Staff are also very courteous.
All in all a good day out but not a cheap day out.

1  Thank Poodle38