Wow! it’s about time I wrote a review about our delicious Sunday lunch! Me and the parents decided to have a Sunday lunch at the Selkirk after numerous good words about the food! it was certainly worth going!
We were greeted warmly by the staff and promptly shown our table, the best table with a view of the garden! The staff ware incredibly professional! really couldn’t fault it, the Selkirk puts 5* London hotels to shame I’m sure! After starters the waitress appeared with a silver implement on a silver server, she then promptly removed the crumbs from the table before the mains arrived; we felt like royals it was great! When i asked for cream (cheekily) instead of milk for my coffee I was not disappointed! i got a good serving, once again on a smaller silver platter i thought i could get used to this!
Would definitely recommend! if you want a reasonably priced Sunday lunch with the family the Selkirk arms ( with off street private parking!) is a Gem
( it was late summer when we went, not sure of the date! we have a holiday home in the area)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 Bedroom town house hotel. Privately owned and operated. 2 Restaurants, 2 Bars and cosy lounges. Free Wi Fi throughout, all rooms en suite, 60% of rooms now fully refurbished.Ideal base to discover SW Scotland. Walking, fishing, cycling, golf or just relaxing and enjoying our award winning cuisine using the best of local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Selkirk Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kirkcudbright
- Kirkcudbright Best Western
- The Selkirk Arms Hotel Kirkcudbright, Scotland