I organised a 3-night trip for a group of 29 and we were able to fill the hotel, which was ideal. They were extremely helpful from my first enquiry and during the months of sorting the arrangements, Joanna in particular being so enthusiastic and encouraging. On arrival Douglas, the owner/manager came onto our bus to welcome us and the friendly and welcoming atmosphere was continued with all rooms having a handwritten 'welcome'card and a mini box of excellent local chocs! The hotel is small enough for the service to be really personal and Douglas was very much on hand. The food was also excellent, with well thought-out dinner menus for our group, which we ordered in the mornings. Everyone was very impressed and full of praise for the dinners as well as the hearty breakfast. The wine list included plenty of reasonably priced wines. Most rooms had been refurbished and were very comfortable. The hotel displayed pictures from local galleries which made quite a talking point. Kircudbright is a pretty little town, known for its artists, beside the River Dee, with a number of places of interest in the town as well as in the area. Strongly recommended for an enjoyable visit to a little known part of Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 Bedroom town house hotel. Privately owned and operated. 2 Restaurants, 2 Bars and cosy lounges. Free Wi Fi throughout, all rooms en suite, all rooms now fully refurbished.Ideal base to discover SW Scotland. Walking, fishing, cycling, golf or just relaxing and enjoying our award winning cuisine using the best of local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Selkirk Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kirkcudbright
- Kirkcudbright Best Western
- The Selkirk Arms Hotel Kirkcudbright, Scotland