Myself and my husband are just back from an overnight at the hotel and we enjoyed every second. We have previously stayed at one of the owner's previous hotels which was the Creebridge Hotel in Newton Stewart.
He has transferred all his excellent customer practices and the staff continue to excel at treating you like an old friend. We visited to see the Glasgow Girls art show and while in Kirkcudbright the town were holding their Arts and Crafts weekend and this was all a bonus for us.
The meal at the hotel in the restuarant was superb and good value offering 2 courses for £23 or £28 for all courses.
The hotel does special deals for 2 nights bed an breakfast during June and July for 2 people for £99. This has been so successful we had tried on a oouple of occasions to book for this deal and couldn't get in. We had to just have 1 night (last night) and it surpassed our expectations but then again I wouldn't expect anything else from Chris the co-owner and his tremendous staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 Bedroom town house hotel. Privately owned and operated. 2 Restaurants, 2 Bars and cosy lounges. Free Wi Fi throughout, all rooms en suite, all rooms now fully refurbished.Ideal base to discover SW Scotland. Walking, fishing, cycling, golf or just relaxing and enjoying our award winning cuisine using the best of local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Selkirk Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kirkcudbright
- Kirkcudbright Best Western
- The Selkirk Arms Hotel Kirkcudbright, Scotland