“Poor customer service”

Mulberries Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop serving freshly cooked meals and home baking. Afternoon teas and high teas available.
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We chose this cafe as it looked warm and inviting from the outside and more like a coffee shop than your average greasy spoon. The menu board outside was varied and included soup/ sandwiches/ paninis/ cakes/ scones ect. Perfect we thought!!.
On entering the shop at 3.25 we enquired about availability of soup and sandwiches to be told "The kitchen's closed we are only doing cakes and scones" (no apologies). The menu board outside stated open until 4.30, yet there was a sign on the door saying 10-4.00??. Anyway we decided to stay and ordered a pot of tea for two and two cream teas, we were then told "There's no scones left" (no apologies), as a compromise we ordered toasted teacakes. The tea came first and then the scones, on both occasions there was no interaction from the waitress, I felt our order had just been dumped on the table, the waitress even reached in front of me to put my wife’s plate in front of her, to save her the bother of walking round the table (no manners or serving etiquette). The teacakes were burnt on one side and under done on the other when they arrived, I should have complained but didn’t.
All in all not a great experience, I work in retail myself and know a lot about what good customer service looks like, I certainly didn’t see much evidence of that during my visit. Good manners cost nothing but can lead to repeat business or recommendations from satisfied customers.
My final niggling thought was that if the kitchen was closed then where do they keep their toaster!!

3  Thank alanpartridge227