“Excellent food and menu.”

The Stag Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 25 Restaurants in Moffat
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Shown to a table soon as through the door. We hadn't booked and they were very busy. A young waitress took our order and a young man called Max delivered it. It's been a long time since I've met a teenager with as much enthusiasm for working hard as Max has!! I hope this young chap does well in life, he deserves it.
The food was just excellent, and then I tried Max's recommended sticky toffee pudding, to die for. Will go again one day I hope.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Thurs 7/8/14 about 30 of us aged from 18 to 80 staying at different hotels in Moffat to go to a family wedding, met for drinks at the Stag. Brilliant night! They had an folk music night on, the musicians were brilliant, playing all of our sing along requests. thank you the locals of the Stag for being so friendly and making it a great night.
My husband and I returned for lunch on Saturday and both had the Stag Chicken, very highly recommended, beautifully cooked. I would like to give a mention to the very young waiter who served us, lovely manners for such a young man and did his job perfectly. Well done the Stag and thank you

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

What a find, pub food which really hit the spot. Excellent young waiter. Reasonably priced, would visit again

Reviewed 4 August 2014

So my last review was for Princes Street Edinburgh so I suppose this was bound to be cheaper. Stopped off going South from Glasgow - great place to go rather than stopping at a services! Lovely food for under £20 -- and the drinks were £1 -- try finding that anywhere ( don't put them up now !). Really good stop!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stumbled across whilst staying in Moffat on holiday with 10% discount for camping and caravan members!

Pub style casual dining with excellent food, Haggis starter was excellent as were the steaks followed by great deserts. If anything the service was a little too brisk between courses but not rushed to leave the table after dinner.