Booked this guest house last minute after failing to find a hotel reservation. So glad I did and so glad hotels in the town were full! The accommodation really is beautiful and the views from every window are stunning. Our room (which I believe is the smallest) was on the top floor in the eves of the house, and the four short flights of stairs to get there was well worth it. I don't think I've ever stayed in a place so near to all of the attractions a town boasts but is so peaceful and quiet and truly makes you feel as though you are in the middle of the countryside. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, the food and service at breakfast was great and the bedroom very comfortable and relaxing. I would certainly check availability here first when returning to Moffat - if you do too you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850, this impressive Victorian house is in a peaceful terrace high above the town, having lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Beautifully maintained, its bedrooms offer high quality and comfort. The award winning Limetree Restaurant serves a charismatic blend of modern and traditional cooking with Scottish and global influence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartfell House And The Limetree Restaurant
- Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant Hotel Moffat
- Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant Moffat, Scotland