“Fabulous hotel at a fabulous price”
Review of Balmoral Hotel

Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Moffat
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked to stay over at the Balmoral Hotel for Hogmanay and were shown to a beautiful room overlooking the picturesque High Street. The room was large , had a sitting area with TV, comfy couch and complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, etc. Even had a fridge with fresh milk and complimentary bottles of water. Bedroom area had another TV, comfy bed and lovely wooden furniture. The bathroom was HUGE and came complete with fluffy towels, facecloths, bath robes and full size complimentary toiletries. The cost of all this???? £65 for the 2 of us, including a huge freshly cooked breakfast next morning. We have eaten in this hotel before when visiting Moffat and the meals are delicious and very reasonably priced, but we've never stayed over before. I would highly recommend the Balmoral and will certainly be visiting again.

Room Tip: stayed in room 17 at the top of the hotel with a lovely view - fine for us but lots of stairs to wal...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have just returned from the Balmoral Hotel and had a lovely meal there. If you chose to come here for your evening meal I would recommend gammon and eggs, I really enjoyed it. The place is clean and the staff are friendly, I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My sister and I have now turned this into a yearly visit after a great day christmas shopping at Gretna outlet village we stay at the Balmoral on our way home. Once again had a great time, the owners seem to love christmas (like myself) as the bar is decorated with lights etc. we had room 2 this time which was even bigger than our last trip, spotlessly clean and a separate lounge. This is a hidden gem, we'll worth a visit. See you next year!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We booked in to the balmoral hotel , and were welcomed in what I would call a Luke warm English manner rather than the warm Scottish manner I would have expected. That was only a minor bug bear though because my apprehension was soon blown into touch when my girlfriend and I clapped eyes on wavy can only be described as the nicest 2 and a half star slash3 star suite slash beds it we've ever encountered , it was perfect for our limited needs , my girlfriend being partially blind did however trip over a ruck in the carpet and being a carpet fitter myself I found this something that could have been avoided ( wish I'd packed my kicker ) brush with death aside an excellent/not great hotel . Lack of pharmacies in the area too for my wife's head pills , otherwise ok

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank francks4
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just returned from another fantastic break in this great hotel. This time we brought friends along to see first hand how good it is. Food is excellent, don't know how they do it for the prices they charge. Rooms are spotless and cleaned daily. Jane and her staff cant do enough for you and makes you feel at home. 4 guys were in on Saturday night with their guitars and sang easy listening songs for a couple of hours, happy to sing requests. this was our 4th visit and the 5th will be soon.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent however the stables at the back of the hotel are the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scotref
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We've been stopping in Moffatt for years. Just a stopover on the long drive from Edinburgh to The Midlands and Wallaces, The Butcher, and the Ice Cream and Bakers shops and that lovely park made it worth losing an hour or so. The Town square is full of Hotels, EWM Outlets and a wee market - and a 20p toilet in the Library with a built-in Caretaker...
This time, we stayed overnight and this is the place for us! Crackin' Hotel/Pub as our co-reviewers say. A Room with a Settee and a TV, a kitchenette and a comfy bed.....it's the extras that made it such a great place. Bathrobes, Biscuits, Drinks in the fridge, another TV to watch in bed. More than we get at home, thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WolverhamptonVideo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After arriving late in the evening on our way to our wedding in Edinburgh, we stayed at this hotel on a stop over and we were shown into the most fantastic room. Mini kitchen area with sink and as mentioned by posters before, biscuit barrel, tea, coffee, milk in a jug in the refrigerator and bottled spring water (a lovely touch).There were 2 leather sofas in the lounge area along with a large flat screen TV and complimentary fox's glacier mints. The heating was electric and the kind lady that showed us to our room also showed us how to work this. The heat was instant.

The bedroom was spacious with another TV and very comfy bed with quality bedding. The ensuite bathroom was immaculate and looked as though it had just been refurbished with a state of the art shower. Plenty of towels and also complimentary bathrobes and Radox shower gel, hand wash and a bar of Imperial Leather soap.

After a good nights sleep we entered the bar area for a full breakfast. No compaints whatsoever. Cereal was provided if needed, fresh orange juice, basically all the usual things you would expect from a top quality hotel.

This is a little gem of a hotel and we will definitely be returning and have already recommended this hotel to friends and family.

Perfect in every way, could not find one fault. Absolutely everything had been covered. Well done to everyone concerned in the running of this hotel and a massive thank you for setting us off on what turned out to be the most perfect wedding day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linsi1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moffat
Buccleuch Arms Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lockerbie
Holiday Inn Dumfries
Holiday Inn Dumfries
#3 of 7 in Dumfries

Been to Balmoral Hotel? Share your experiences!