“great value hotel”
Review of Balmoral Hotel

Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Moffat
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and spent a 3 night break at the Balmoral last week,and we both thought what a fantastic place it is. The staff were so helpful ,the breakfast and evening meals were superb.Also the bedroom was wonderful,it was like a suite in a 5 star hotel. We would definitely recommend it to anyone.And the lady that cleaned the rooms did a brilliant job,our room was spotless when we returned each day,and everything was replenished teabags etc.We hopefully will return some day.

Room Tip: As far as i know all the rooms are briliant,there are also 2 cottages in the rear courtyard ,that ar...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 January 2014

we eat on new years eve in the balmoral, we didnt feel like it was anything special no candles on table no table cloths we felt very rushed,as though we were just in for another pub meal and not a new years celebration, so we left after the meal and wen to the stag. food was very basic at the balmoral the steak £13.50 etc was ok but not presented very well on a very large plate but as there wasn't much on the plate it looked empty.The following night we eat in the Stag which was such a improvement , candles table cloths excellant customer service etc. i love moffat we come at least twice a year so was dissapointed with the meal, it seems like they wanted to clear the tables as quick as possible for the drinkers to be sat there ready for new year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked to stay over at the Balmoral Hotel for Hogmanay and were shown to a beautiful room overlooking the picturesque High Street. The room was large , had a sitting area with TV, comfy couch and complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, etc. Even had a fridge with fresh milk and complimentary bottles of water. Bedroom area had another TV, comfy bed and lovely wooden furniture. The bathroom was HUGE and came complete with fluffy towels, facecloths, bath robes and full size complimentary toiletries. The cost of all this???? £65 for the 2 of us, including a huge freshly cooked breakfast next morning. We have eaten in this hotel before when visiting Moffat and the meals are delicious and very reasonably priced, but we've never stayed over before. I would highly recommend the Balmoral and will certainly be visiting again.

Room Tip: stayed in room 17 at the top of the hotel with a lovely view - fine for us but lots of stairs to wal...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have just returned from the Balmoral Hotel and had a lovely meal there. If you chose to come here for your evening meal I would recommend gammon and eggs, I really enjoyed it. The place is clean and the staff are friendly, I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My sister and I have now turned this into a yearly visit after a great day christmas shopping at Gretna outlet village we stay at the Balmoral on our way home. Once again had a great time, the owners seem to love christmas (like myself) as the bar is decorated with lights etc. we had room 2 this time which was even bigger than our last trip, spotlessly clean and a separate lounge. This is a hidden gem, we'll worth a visit. See you next year!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We booked in to the balmoral hotel , and were welcomed in what I would call a Luke warm English manner rather than the warm Scottish manner I would have expected. That was only a minor bug bear though because my apprehension was soon blown into touch when my girlfriend and I clapped eyes on wavy can only be described as the nicest 2 and a half star slash3 star suite slash beds it we've ever encountered , it was perfect for our limited needs , my girlfriend being partially blind did however trip over a ruck in the carpet and being a carpet fitter myself I found this something that could have been avoided ( wish I'd packed my kicker ) brush with death aside an excellent/not great hotel . Lack of pharmacies in the area too for my wife's head pills , otherwise ok

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank francks4
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just returned from another fantastic break in this great hotel. This time we brought friends along to see first hand how good it is. Food is excellent, don't know how they do it for the prices they charge. Rooms are spotless and cleaned daily. Jane and her staff cant do enough for you and makes you feel at home. 4 guys were in on Saturday night with their guitars and sang easy listening songs for a couple of hours, happy to sing requests. this was our 4th visit and the 5th will be soon.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent however the stables at the back of the hotel are the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scotref
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moffat
Buccleuch Arms Hotel
#8 of 24 in Moffat
Queensberry House
Queensberry House
#1 of 24 in Moffat

Been to Balmoral Hotel? Share your experiences!