“Dark Dundee Dead Centre”
Review of DD Tours

DD Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Dundee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join our local guides on a city walking tour of Dundee. Whether you want to explore the achievements and culture of the city on a Discover Dundee tour, or unearth the city's dark past on a Dark Dundee tour we have a variety of tours to choose from. We run tours of the ancient Old Steeple, the tallest surviving medieval church tower in Scotland as well as the Vaults, the underground street from 17th century Dundee. We can also offer private tours for groups including parties, corporate groups and educational groups. See our website for latest tours, time and prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I have just been on the Dark Dundee Dead Centre walking tour it started in the Howff and ended in the city square
All I will say without spooling it is that it was amazing the thing that I as a dundonian did not now about
This is a tour that I would 100% recommend and I intend to go on their other tours especially the Broughty ferry one
Take the tour and be amazed

All reviews
"dark past"
"telling stories"
"tour starts"

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I have done 2 of these tours now, both were absolutely fantastic. Each time I learned lots of new and interesting things that I didn't know about Dundee and neither tour repeated the same story of the tour before. I would highly recommend these tours and can't wait to do the rest of them.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 12 June 2016

I went on the 10pm Crimes of Passion Tour, wow. The stories Louise and Stewart told were fascinating as were the locations. I was unaware of some of the wee nooks and crannies that existed in the centre of Dundee. The detail of each story had me hooked and as it was dark gave it an even better atmosphere. The Howff visit and story really made it for me. Cant wait to go on my next tour.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I am fresh home from my first ever Dark Dundee tour and I can't wait to do the next one! The tour guides told the stories in an excellent way enabling the people attending the tour to bring the stories to life in their mind due to the wonderfully descriptive manner being used. The guides were friendly and used humour well within the tour but still respecting the history being brought to us in their stories.
The tour was a perfect length and there was not miles of walking making this suitable for anyone.
I think this is a great venture to have been started in the city as Dundee has such a rich history which is being taught in an informal manner and I am looking forward to learning more on my next tour.