“Crimes of Passion Tour”

DD Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Dundee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join our local guides on a city walking tour of Dundee. Whether you want to explore the achievements and culture of the city on a Discover Dundee tour, or unearth the city's dark past on a Dark Dundee tour we have a variety of tours to choose from. We run tours of the ancient Old Steeple, the tallest surviving medieval church tower in Scotland as well as the Vaults, the underground street from 17th century Dundee. We can also offer private tours for groups including parties, corporate groups and educational groups. See our website for latest tours, time and prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Absolutely brilliant! Thoroughly enjoyed this tour about murder and mayhem in Dundee. Louise and Stewart are very knowledgeable and work together so well. Excellent storytellers -humorous, exciting, spooky, fabulous. I'm a Dundee native and learned stories I had never heard. I loved this - can't wait to go on my next one!

Louise M, Owner at DD Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thanks Lesley, loved having you on the tour too!

All reviews
"dark past"
"telling stories"
"tour starts"

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Really great night on the central tour starting in the cemetery and ending in the city square. Learnt loads, laughed a lot and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Highly recommended!

1  Thank hollythedog
Louise M, Owner at DD Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thanks Holly for the review! Really glad you enjoyed our wee jaunt around the graveyard and our tales, hope we see you again soon :)

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant. As usual. Stewart and Louise with their brilliant knowledge walking around Claypotts Castle. And with a bit of humour thrown in what more can you ask for. Cannot get enough of these tours. 1st class.

Louise M, Owner at DD Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thanks so much for the review, great fun having you and I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon - lots planned for 2018!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I was lucky enough to be treated to a Dark Dundee tour of 'The Howff' Cemetery as part of my hen weekend back in August. It has taken me a while to post a review but I always knew I would because we had the most fantastic time. Stewart and Louise were amazing. They worked so well together and really knew their stuff. No matter what was thrown at them (and with a bunch of hens, some queasy and some far more keen they were certainly tested) they had a great response and brilliant banter. From the moment we arrived they were extremely approachable and welcoming. We were sporting our witches hats, matching t-shirts and I had my veil on. Many people will immediately turn their nose up at this and react badly to begin with, but it was quite clear that they were up for a laugh and weren't phased by us at all. I would definitely recommend the company to anyone who is interested in this sort of thing, and even those who aren't. You're bound to learn a thing or two and have a laugh along the way. Thank you so much to both Louise and Stewart.

1  Thank HazMac
Louise M, Owner at DD Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Aww thank you so much! We've had a few hen party groups this year but we still remember your tour, such a good laugh. If carlsberg made tour guests...

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We were back in Dundee for a University reunion weekend in which the organiser had arranged a Dark Dundee Tour encompassing our "old haunts". I must admit it was one of the highlights of the weekend. Stewart and Louise provided a fascinating insight into the darker history of Dundee. They have such passion and enthusiasm that the entire group were gripped throughout. They conveyed the drama of past events and coupled it with great humour. I look forward to doing more walks with them the next time we're back in Dundee. Two thumbs up!

1  Thank scook94
Louise M, Owner at DD Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thanks so much we had a great laugh with you all, come back soon!