“SHORT BREAK”

GreenLeadersSilver level
stonehaven
“SHORT BREAK”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

i stayed with my mother for a birthday treat and was pleasantly surprised. It was an easy disatance to the city centre and all the staff were really helpful and gave us advice about dining out. The breakfast was very good and lots of choice for everyone. the rooms were clean with shampoo shower gel and hand wash also plenty of towels.
The only down side was the second night it was very noisy and there was strong cooking smells coming from the restaurant next door, we were in room 216 at the back of the hotel. The next time and there will be a next time we will ask for a room to the front.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GraemeShewan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dundee, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Kathleen G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our property here in Dundee. I am pleased to note you enjoyed a comfortable stay and the team were friendly and helpful especially around your choice of dining.

My apologies for the noise you experienced on the second night of your stay and please be assured I will take this up with my night team to ensure this is eliminated in the future. On your next visit please call ahead on 01382 314330 and we can ensure you are allocated a river view room on our highest floor as I am sure you will appreciate the stunning view of the river Tay.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Graeme Shewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I am often away with work and stay in a variety of hotels and am happy with basic however this hotel is beyond belief . As a woman travelling alone I prefer to eat in the hotel / no food- ok I'll deal with that (given some take away menus) - told I was allocated a twin disabled room - not a problem done this before - carpet stained not just one I photographed at least 5 large stains in a variety of sizes shapes and locations - went to turn catch on door ( traveller alone likes to feel secure in room ) none - went to reception to request move to another room - all rooms like this - it's ok apparently because only the manager can get in your room with his pass / we'll no I'm not happy with that - I don't want to be in bed wondering if a member of staff will stroll in while I am asleep. It's policy apparently people prefer it because they collapse in rooms - I don't think so !

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sue187069
GraemeShewan, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dundee, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Sue187069,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express in Dundee. I have completed an investigation into your comments since guest security is of the utmost importance to both myself and the team.

Rather than discuss your comments here perhaps you would good enough to call me at your earliest convenience on 01382 314330, as I note you did not actually stay at the hotel.

Regards

Graeme Shewan

Travellers are raving about these Dundee hotels

Irvine Ayrshire
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this hotel in July 2013 for April 2014. The morning of my stay I received an email stating that my accommodation had been changed to a Premier Inn almost 5miles out of the city centre. I though it was a hoax.!!!! When you book so far in advance and have the receipt for the booking you expect no problems. However the receptionist informed me that this was correct. I was told that rooms had been damaged with water and we need to be relocated. I stated that I felt this was unacceptable as I had book so far in advance and surely it must be first come first served etc. She informed me that there were parties of four six etc and they could not be moved. I was extremely annoyed and informed that the reason for booking the city centre was to be close to amenities. However I then had no option and accepted another hotel slightly nearer the city, 4 miles out. I have stayed at this Travel lodge before and it is adequate but am aware it is usually very inexpensive, as I have stayed on a Saturday night and only paid £23. The holiday express was £170 and the money was paid in July 2013. I have had several email since my complaint was put in and they claim to have reimbursed me by £18.50. I am really very unsure this has happened. I also was informed by the Holiday Express the there would be a full refund. The booking was made through Expedia. Beware I have been very dissatisfied with the whole experience and will not return to the Holiday Inn Express in Dundee!!! Not to be trusted!!!

Room Tip: Don't book to stay as you may not get what you paid for.!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank varf
GraemeShewan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dundee, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear varf

Thank you for taking the time to comment here.
Following our emails to and from each other i was under the same impression as yourself..
Please contact me on the email address you have.
Kind regards
Karen Gorman
Senior Suest Services Manager
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for my birthday. The hotel is located in the city center so very handy for the shops. Although we was told the hotel was fully booked we found it quiet. The rooms are spaceous and very clean. There is a free breakfast in the morning as well which was very nice. We will be back :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GraemeShewan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dundee, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Jacqueline O,

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday in Dundee and your stay at our hotel,
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

i stayed at this hotel good stay until i got my card statement and realised that this hotel had charged me an extra 100 pounds on my bill to what they say is a smoking charge...when i have never smoked in my life!absolutely ridicolous!would stay well clear of this hotel as your card is definetly not safe in there hands!!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank bevi26
Dear bevi26,

We follow very secure data security standards,
and any additional charges are taken only after following a thorough investigation and relevant evidence obtained.
Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly if you would like to discuss this further.

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The benefits of this hotel are Location and parking. The hotel is situated within 5 minute walk of the city centre and has a good car park attached - if you can time your arrival after 5pm and leave before 8am, the car parking is free. The hotel itself is clean enough and the breakfast is a typical Holiday Inn express serve-up. The front rooms are a little noisy as they are next to the main road.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gran_G
GraemeShewan, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dundee, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Gran_G,

Thank you for reviewing your short stay with us,
I am please the location and parking facilities satisfied your needs.
We hope you return to our hotel and if so we will try our best to accommodate you with a quiet room.
Sheffield
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice rooms and friendly staff, with a central location make this hotel ideal. Occasional change for breakfast from scrambled egg and sausage, would relieve the monotony of same cooked food. Other choices are fine.

Room Tip: View of river Tay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear MikeBSheffield,

We endeavour to continuously improve our guest satisfaction and your honest feedback is appreciated,
we hope to welcome back in the near future,